Who would you pick/rather draft? (1 Viewer)

Saviorbrees

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Derek Barnett, Solomon Thomas, or Rueben Foster?

I for one right now cant seem to choose who i would rather have at this moment all 3 in my opinion are defensive playmakers and would immediately make our defence better, but if i had to choose right now this moment id prolly go with Foster. So my question is who would you rather?

no clue, but after last years early picks I am much more prone to trust whatever pops up on the screen.

Thomas is going to be a superstar. I don't know what position he would play on our defense but I don't care. I think Barnett isn't as good as McKinley. I like Foster but the head injuries concern me. I think that Thomas may be the best player in the draft.

Foster at the moment because we have a big hole at MLB and he is very very good and has speed most don't at that spot, otherwise Barnett

I watched alot of Tenn games and Derek Barnett doesnt seem worth a first round pick to me. He is not a great athlete. A lot of his sacks were because of scheme they would move him all around and on pass plays he would line up really wide. I think the Tennessee defense would have been better had they not catered to him so much.

Another player I do not like is Tim Williams from Alabama. He is a drug suspension waiting to happen. He is a good athlete and can rush the passer but that is it. His playbook was shrunk to only do that. He can not play the run, drop into coverage or even run stunts.

They'd all be fine picks for various reasons, but if I had my pick of the 3, it would be a tossup between Barnett and Thomas. I like Reuben Foster - a lot - but the way he throws his body around concerns me. We're already snakebitten with injuries on defense. He had a lot of heads-down tackles in the few games of Alabama's I watched this year, and he brings the heat but he doesn't always wrap up. With any luck, Mike Nolan can make an assessment on Stephone Anthony before the draft in regards to whether or not he's going to be able to pick things up. If he can, great; we've already got our MLB. If he can't, or if he loves Foster, give him the pick and trust that he knows what he's doing, and we'll either find a role for Anthony or move on. But my preference - and I think it's fair to say everyone would agree - would be for the light to come on for Anthony since we already invested a 1st rounder in him and could use this pick elsewhere.

Solomon Thomas is a bit of a tweener DE/DT ala Sheldon Rankins. He's more explosive than Barnett. But I feel like between Fairley, Rankins, and Onyemata, we've got a good DT rotation, and I don't know if he's a full-time edge DE. He could move to #1 out of the 3 if we lose Fairley in FA and have a sudden need. I have started to see Thomas move up the boards a bit in some mocks, and if he shows out at the Combine, he may be picked long before us anyway because he will have the measurables that people fall in love with.

Derek Barnett would probably be my #1 choice. No, he's not freaky athletic, but he's solid in every aspect of the game, he comes with a polished toolbox of pass rush moves, and he's a high motor, relentless player. He may not get around the tackle on the first move, but he'll keep contain and he'll continue working to get to the QB. Nick Underhill tweeted a video a month or so ago that focused on every play Barnett had in this year's bowl game. You could see him set up rush moves for later in the game, and if a play ended up down field he always came into the picture hustling after it. He'd step in and be a day 1 starter opposite Cam Jordan, who coincidentally, he's almost a carbon copy of. Another positive is that, unlike Myles Garret, who feasted on a couple lower level teams but didn't always stand out in conference, every time I've seen Barnett play against top flight SEC/SEC-caliber schools, he's played well.

Thomas is kind of an odd fit in a 4-3. I think he'll be good though. I love Barnett and if he tests well, he'll probably be my favorite prospect (but he'll be gone by pick 11). LB has a lot less depth than DE though, so might be better to grab the LB.

There are some pretty good pass rushers and linebackers in free agency this year. Makes it hard to pin point who we'd pick if they fell to us.

Will have to wait until after free agency and combine to get a better read on it.

Solomon Thomas I would love but I don't think he's the biggest need since we have some viable options at that position. But Barnett and foster would become huge upgrades from what we have at those 2 positions that's how I look at it.

I guess which ever one fills the bigger need after FA
I think that this is the best response IMO. Although any of the 3 prospects would definitely help us, I rather us use a pick on a need that will arise "after" FA. Let' see how the roster "fills out" first.

Thomas is going to be a superstar. I don't know what position he would play on our defense but I don't care. I think Barnett isn't as good as McKinley. I like Foster but the head injuries concern me. I think that Thomas may be the best player in the draft.
What head injuries?

Never heard about these injuries, that would worry me also.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom