Who would you take in Round 2? You make the call! (1 Viewer)

WhoDat7

Veteran
Reaction score
Hey guys!

SB Nation is up to the second round in the 2008 Mock Draft. If you haven't seen their draft, its cool and it is being called one of the best on the internet.

Anyway, the Saints 40th overall pick is coming up, and the SB Nation site for the Saint's...

Canal Street Chronicles :: An SB Nation Blog for Who Dat's Everywhere!

...is asking for suggestion who they should take. Check it out, and drop them a line on who you want the Saints to pick. They will use the pick on whoever gets suggested the most. This is your chance to have a say and I know you guys have an opinion!

You have to sign up, but it takes literally 2 seconds, and its well worth it, because than you can participate in all the other aspects of the site like the diaries.

Hope you enjoy!

Tough call, but that can't be answered until we find out what will happen to Deuce... if Deuce's knee grades out OK on Teusday, then maybe Balmer would be the guy... but if for some reason Deuce is let go, then Forte is the obvious choice.

The value for Balmer in the 2nd might be great.. Either him or Sims.

I have my doubts about Balmer. He only flashed his ability his senior year. He basically was a non factor his first three years. Seems like it took Butch Davis riding his butt to motivate him. I just think Balmer would be a risky pick for whoever drafts him.

I would say with the status of Deuce up in the air and if RB Matt Forte is on the board in 2nd round, I would not hesitate to grab him. My 2nd choice would be DT Trevor Laws who is a high energy and high motor guy.

We can probably come back in the 3rd round and get DT Red Bryant of Texas A & M who is a huge guy and would probably be an excellent replacement for big Hollis Thomas on the line.

Granted DT is definitely a need, but sticking with the Saints approach of BPA, I'd pick in this order:

1: Jerod Mayo
2: Curtis Lofton
3: Kentwan Balmer
4: Matt Forte

This is a great thread guys, but if you don't tell the guys at Canal Street Chronicles, they wont know who you want to pick. Tell them, and you can influence who they pick, thats the great thing about it. Saying it here doesn't affect anything.

Granted DT is definitely a need, but sticking with the Saints approach of BPA, I'd pick in this order:

1: Jerod Mayo
2: Curtis Lofton
3: Kentwan Balmer
4: Matt Forte

Extremely doubtful that Mayo will be there in the 2nd. I'd bet money he won't be.

i think if balmer is there @ 40 you have to take him... he's probably rated 1st round on the saints' board

<object width="408" height="347"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><embed src="http://static.si.com/pvs2/lib/swf/eplayer.swf" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="408" height="347" allowfullscreen="true" FlashVars="acfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/app_player.xml&scfg=http://static.si.com/nfldraft08/xml/nfldraft08-system.xml&c=Player&p=215787&s=3031109&i="> </embed> </object>

This is just my opinion, but I'd use the 2nd to trade up for Dorsey, and pick up a 4th and maybe a 6th or 7th if possible (swapping places with KC or anyone who wants to move down). If Dorsey isn't possible, then trade down and look at OT.

It will be TE.

Whether its a trade for Shockey or one of the top 3, it will be used for a TE.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom