Who would you take on a 3 year contract, Nnamdi or Porter? (1 Viewer)

Who would you take at the same price, Nnamdi or Porter?

• Nnamdi Asomugha

Votes: 242 76.8%
  • Tracy Porter

Votes: 73 23.2%

• Total voters
I like our group of CBs and don't think we need Nnamdi Asomugha. I'd like to bring Tracy back as the dime or 5th CB.

Nnamdi is the better pick. Nnamdi has "shutdown" capability and will give our defense even more "flexibility" to run alot of different schemes if Rob Ryan chose to switch it up.

Besides, when we play Atlanta with their "BIG" receivers our Cornerbacks look high schoolish and they look intimidated especially P-Rob.

Nnamdi would be my choice. If his head is in it, he is physically a force to get in the face of bigger WR, possibly a certain TE that is a problem in the NFC West. He doesn't really need the speed to outrun them.

Assuming Porter passes a physical, I like him. He is blazing fast, and would maintain his skills for the entire 3 years. Nnamdi is rumored to have lost his desire for football, and his age makes it much less likely that he'll maintain his skills for the entire length of the contract. Porter had 6 passes defended in 6 games last year, while Nnamdi had his best year with 12 passes defended in 16 games, since 2006, when he had 19 in 16 games. Nnamdi has 15 career interceptions in 154 games (1 every 10 games), while Porter has 8 interceptions in 49 games (1 every 6 games). Nnamdi averages about 3 tackles/game, while Porter averages about 4 tackles/game. All this to say that I don't think Nnamdi was that much better than Porter is today. Obviously the health issue would change his equation, but if Porter is healthy, I'd be happy to have him back. We already have a CB with size in Lewis, so I'd like Porter's speed over Asi's size for our situation.

Nnamdi is the better pick. Nnamdi has "shutdown" capability and will give our defense even more "flexibility" to run alot of different schemes if Rob Ryan chose to switch it up.

Besides, when we play Atlanta with their "BIG" receivers our Cornerbacks look high schoolish and they look intimidated especially P-Rob.

You do realize that Roddy White and Julio Jones barely got any catches/yards when lined up against Pat Robinson in both games last year? Fact. Indisputable. He essentially shut them down when they lined up on him. Any big plays or big time catches came against Greer and the other corners. If you're going to insult Robinson, at least have legs to stand on. Don't just throw random blabber out there because you think Robinson was bad.

Because we are talking about a 3 year contract I gotta go with tp. If it were a 1 or 2 year contract definately na. Unless na decides to switch positions and play safety in three years ,which has been well documented he plays poorly in space, my guess is he will not be playing in 3 years time. jmo

You do realize that Roddy White and Julio Jones barely got any catches/yards when lined up against Pat Robinson in both games last year? Fact. Indisputable. He essentially shut them down when they lined up on him. Any big plays or big time catches came against Greer and the other corners. If you're going to insult Robinson, at least have legs to stand on. Don't just throw random blabber out there because you think Robinson was bad.

First, if you are trying to say that P-Rob shut down Julio Jones & Roddy White then you are obviously an idiot and you should stop reading any posts that i write or comment on.... :hihi:

Second, P-Rob is not the cornerback that we thought he would be and that is FACT!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom