Who would you take on a 3 year contract, Nnamdi or Porter? (1 Viewer)

Who would you take at the same price, Nnamdi or Porter?

• Nnamdi Asomugha

Votes: 242 76.8%
  • Tracy Porter

Votes: 73 23.2%

• Total voters

guillermo

Visible minority
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
At the same price, and it will be cheap, what player would you take? Tracy Porter, who is 26 years old and we know what he has, or Nnamdi Asomugha, who is 31 years old?

I have always liked Nnamdi when he was with the Raiders, playing man he was able to nulify the best rival receiver. Tracy we all know who he is, and he also is good playing man.

Tracy has a story of injuries, but was hitting his prime. Nnamdi was one of the best, but certainly he is not the athlete he was, so who would you pick?

Nnamdi.

Porter was and always will be a below average cornerback (the superbowl INT not withstanding). He wasn't very good for us in 2010-11. He wasn't very good in Denver in 2012.

That and he's constantly hurt. I'll take my chances that Nnamdi can get his groove back.

Nmandi hands down. I respect Porter, and surely miss him, but Nmandi is capable of being shutdown. Something porter isnt.

No ill feeling whatsoever towards Tracy Porter. But we've moved on as best we can and should continue to do so, IMO.

Excellent poll, Guillermo.

I still see that image of Porter flying backwards from that Marshawn ("Beast Mode") Lynch stiff-arm. :covri:

Even so, the NFCCG int & XLIV pick-six weres clutch in the biggest games of his career.

Tough call. I'd be happy with either one.

:gosaints:

Didn.t Porter miss half the season last year with a concussion?

The thing is, there is no doubt in my mind that at 26 Nnamdi was the better player, by far. But right now? I am not that sure.

Tracy signed last year a 4 million contract with the Broncos. He won`t get as much this time. So we can get him for a bargain on a 3 year contract.

Just other points to discuss. And also looking for options if at the end, Nnamdi goes elsewhere.

The thing is, there is no doubt in my mind that at 26 Nnamdi was the better player, by far. But right now? I am not that sure.

Tracy signed last year a 4 million contract with the Broncos. He won`t get as much this time. So we can get him for a bargain on a 3 year contract.

Just other points to discuss. And also looking for options if at the end, Nnamdi goes elsewhere.

There's very little doubt in my mind that even now Nnamdi is the better player. Just my opinion.

Nnamdi is the TYPE of corner we need to run the defense RR wants, Press corners that hold up the routes of WRs and give our pass rush more time to get there.

I now realize why Nnamdi has taken so long to decide, he was waiting for Saints fans to learn how to spell his name. After reading this thread it's time to sign my man! SR is ready for you now.

9 people picked porter. i like porter for what hev has done for us in the past but get real people.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom