Who ya got? Pre-combine Edition (1 Viewer)

GameBreaker

Underrated
Reaction score
We are on the eve of NFL combine workouts. Who are some players you got your eyes on that can help us out?

The obvious is every DE eligible to be selected but there are two non-edge guys specifically that I'm eyeing for the first round.

Marshon Lattimore is, IMO, the best CB in the draft. Two things that I see him do that I love. He gets his head around to make a play on the ball, especially near end zone on jump ball situations. How many times have you yelled at our CBs to turn around or turn there head in the end zone but they just mug the receiver for PI. Marshon won't do that. Also, I love how he baits a QB to think his target has separation and Lattimore hits another gear to beat the WR to the spot for the interception. I'm looking to see his workouts to cement his position at the top of the 1st round and first CB taken.

Another guy who I think is a bit of a sleeper but who could solidify himself as a 1st round pick is Jarrad Davis. I absolutely love the way this guy plays. I think he could line up at any LB spot and be effective. I look to see him put up some good numbers. He could be the best off the ball linebacker behind Foster.

Solomon Thomas, Derek Barnett, Takkarist McKinley, Tyus Bowser, Taco Charlton, Charles Harris, Jordan Willis, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Tim Williams, Dawuane Smoot, Joe Mathis, Daeshon Hall, Derek Rivers, Avery Moss, Tarell Basham, Deatrich Wise, and Trey Hendrickson are some of the guys I'm looking forward to seeing.

Edit: Avery Moss is the sleeper I'm most interested to see. The only knock I've see on him is technique, which obviously can be taught. I'd like to see if he's anywhere near Takkarist McKinley's athleticism. He has amazing burst and bend for a guy his size. That's probably the most common weakness among mid to late round edge rushers.

I don't think Jarrad Davis is participating due to the ankle injury. Also, and I hate to be that guy, but your analysis of Lattimore is wildly inaccurate. He doesn't bait QBs. His forte is sticking in the pocket of his man. Three of the four interceptions were just really bad passes and he just happened to be there. Additionally, turning his head around is one of the things he really needs to work on. Though, I do believe he is a great prospect.

For non edge players I like Jabrill Peppers or Jamal Adams. They look like the new breed of defensive playmaker: quick enough to match up against tight ends in the passing game and strong enough meeting running backs at the LOS

There are just too many good players in this draft. The two guys I really like are Solomon Thomas and Tak McKinley.

Is Lorenzo Jerome (S) or Mizzell (RB) gonna be there? I really enjoyed watching them at the NFLPA bowl. Both of them looked to have very underrated athleticism and play speed, so I am very interested in seeing how they stack up in positional drills and the athleticism tests when they are next to the higher profile athletes. I know Jerome rocked out again at the Senior bowl, so a good combine showing for him would send me head over heals lol.

Is Lorenzo Jerome (S) or Mizzell (RB) gonna be there? I really enjoyed watching them at the NFLPA bowl. Both of them looked to have very underrated athleticism and play speed, so I am very interested in seeing how they stack up in positional drills and the athleticism tests when they are next to the higher profile athletes. I know Jerome rocked out again at the Senior bowl, so a good combine showing for him would send me head over heals lol.

I think Jerome will. Mizzell will not.

I really hope we draft 2 top 20 edge rushers.

Solomon Thomas, Derek Barnett, Takkarist McKinley, Tyus Bowser, Taco Charlton, Charles Harris, Jordan Willis, Tanoh Kpassagnon, Tim Williams, Dawuane Smoot, Joe Mathis, Daeshon Hall, Derek Rivers, Avery Moss, Tarell Basham, Deatrich Wise, and Trey Hendrickson are some of the guys I'm looking forward to seeing.

Edit: Avery Moss is the sleeper I'm most interested to see. The only knock I've see on him is technique, which obviously can be taught. I'd like to see if he's anywhere near Takkarist McKinley's athleticism. He has amazing burst and bend for a guy his size. That's probably the most common weakness among mid to late round edge rushers.

I'll narrow this down to my top 10 favorite edge rushers.

1. Solomon Thomas
2. Derek Barnett
3. Takkarist McKinley
4. Taco Charlton
5. Charles Harris
6. Tim Williams
7. Tyus Bowser
8. Jordan Willis
9. Tanoh Kpassagnon
10. Avery Moss

I don't think Jarrad Davis is participating due to the ankle injury. Also, and I hate to be that guy, but your analysis of Lattimore is wildly inaccurate. He doesn't bait QBs. His forte is sticking in the pocket of his man. Three of the four interceptions were just really bad passes and he just happened to be there. Additionally, turning his head around is one of the things he really needs to work on. Though, I do believe he is a great prospect.

Davis will not do the linebacker drills but will do the workouts. We will just have to disagree on our assessment of Lattimore.

There are just too many good players in this draft. The two guys I really like are Solomon Thomas and Tak McKinley.

Agreed. I've been high on Thomas for a while. It will be interesting to see how he performs in the drills. Tak will be interesting to see as well. Both of these guys should be in the Saints radar at 11. Another guy is Haason Reddick, who was arguably the MVP of Senior Bowl week. I'm sure he took a trip to talk to Saints staff that week.

Jarrad Davis is a total wrecking ball. I'm intrigued by the other LB from Florida:

- Alex Anzalone. He's had some health issues, but when he's on the field, the guy has supreme athleticism. Reminds me a lot of Clay Matthews and not just because they're both white lol.
- Would've loved to see Mizzell there.
- Curious to see Adoree' Jackson do the CB position drills -- intriguing as a playmaker/return guy but I'm not completely sold on his corner abilities yet. Jeremy Cutrer -- anyone know if he's there?
- As are many scouts, I'm interested to see what Josh Harvey-Clemons does in the 40. Melifonwu will blow it up, but he seems to need a lot of coaching up. Tedric Thompson is a ballhawk I'm anxious to watch in position drills.

Here's to a fun weekend of Lay-Z-Boy scouting. 2017 season is here (sort of)! WHO DAT?!

In this order: EDGE Takk McKinley, EDGE Basham, CB/DB Sidney Jones, FS Marcus Williams, S/DB Budda, LB Alex Anzalone, EDGE Carl Lawson, S/DB Shalom Luani, CB/KR Adoree' Jackson, and EDGE Ejuan Price.

Wish Malik Hooker and Jarad Davis were healthy.,

-Jeremy Cutrer -- anyone know if he's there?

Cutrer was not invited. Will have to wait until his pro day.

My surprise prospect is Dylan Donahue from West Georgia. I think he’s going to score well in the speed and agility departments and be one of the buzzworthy guys after the combine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom