Whoa. Looks like Ingram will get close to $8 Million (1 Viewer)

.. smh.. say it ain't so.. I mean damn, I understand dollars and cents and all... but really, where is the LOYALTY ????.. the Black-n-Gold gave him the shot.. & after all the pro-Saints hype post-season, this is how it goes down ??.. gonna bite the hand eh ??.. whatever.. thanks Mark, just another number in the Saints books..

" It's in the locker room where he distinguishes himself"

NW.

Can't blame the guy for walking for twice what we're willing to offer, but from my point of view this is one of those times you pay for the intangibles he brings to the team.

His past two season have been excellent so I'm not surprised someone is willing to overpay.

December 2018:

MI is a 3-down back in a league with only a few of those type of backs. Someone is going to offer him 8-9M/yr over 3-4 years. I think the Leveon Bell fiasco only helps him. Bell and his problems for 12M or Ingram and his team first attitude for 8M?

Only way we could've swung that was to let Bridgewater walk and go cheaper at backup QB. I don't think Bridgewater is worth what we are going to pay him, and I don't think he is the 'heir apparent' many people want him to be, I think Bridgewater is bottom quarter of the league starter and a good backup. But 8 just is too much for a guy to at best split time with Kamara.

Since Payton has watched him every day he clearly disagrees. I hope he is right. If so this team could stay good for years to come.

One of the hardest losses to take in my 40 years as a Saints fan. Rickey Jackson playing for SF. Joe Horn playing for Atl. Jahri and Roaf playing elsewhere. Swilling, Sam Mills. All those seemed like the right move at the time for the most part. This one just feels like we lost a lot more than a RB. Add on top of that recovering from the call that wasnt and the mental hole just got bigger.

Tweet doesn't work for me? Did Mark actually go Baltimore or....speculation?

My biggest thing is we know what we have in Mark. We don't know what we are getting in Murray. It's his 3rd team in four years. Will he fit and do well here in NOLA? Maybe maybe not, but we did know what we have in Ingram. Sad day. All I know is he better get with Drew immediately and build some trust.

Thanks Mark for all you did. You will be sorely missed. Who Dat for life in my book.

Last edited:
One of the hardest losses to take in my 40 years as a Saints fan. Rickey Jackson playing for SF. Joe Horn playing for Atl. Jahri and Roaf playing elsewhere. Swilling, Sam Mills. All those seemed like the right move at the time for the most part. This one just feels like we lost a lot more than a RB. Add on top of that recovering from the call that wasnt and the mental hole just got bigger.
Nothing compares to Archie, but I guess I was young and impressionable back then.

What irks me so much more about this is how the Ravens fans HATE the signing. None of them seem to want Ingram. They’re so angry right now if you on their subreddit. They hate it even more than we hate the Murray signing. God I hate the “business” side of this game. Ingram is too good for their fans.

Such garbage. Sorry. I’m just venting. I get it: The saints couldn’t afford $8m a year but God I wish they could have. This sucks.

Mark still has two or three very good seasons left in him. Ravens didn't overspend and we couldn't spend enough, to many mouths at the table. Mark low balled on the last deal,nothing wrong with the high end this time. Wish ya well dog whoever you play for next season.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom