Whoa. Looks like Ingram will get close to $8 Million (2 Viewers)

At least he probably keep his home here and retires to New Orleans considering this is where his family has lived and thrived since it started. So at least we can hopefully have him as a WHO DAT after retirement.

Good for him. He fits what Baltimore is doing and going to a run heavy team it makes sense for them to spend on a RB.

As I said in an earlier thread, the big money was really the only reason we announced the signing of Murray when we did. It wasn't just big money, it was really big money. As others have said, no way we could afford it. Hate to see him go, but certainly understand why. I'm just glad we got Murray.

The two things are separate. It's been put on record that the Saints saw Ingram's fair value as $4m.

What was never said was that they were taking an accounting approach of save in one position to spend more on another, although many of us assume that's the approach. The Saints apparently put a value on a player and try to stick to it.

Ultimately I believe they have to still look at their overall budget, but it seems they are primarily guided by the valuation they make. So Bridgewater is not a factor or to blame.

You operate under 1 salary cap. If Bridgewater would've walked I believe that they might have opened up some money for Ingram - not from 4 to 8 though. Bridgewater is going to command a good salary to hopefully never see the field. The 1 game he did see the field he looked pedestrian at best.

Doesn't matter though in the end. Going from 4 to 8 was never in the cards regardless of Bridgewater or anyone else. 4 to 8 was just a bridge too far.

Glad he got paid and even more glad that he went to an AFC team, if this does indeed happen. $8 million per year is simply more than we could/should offer him.

Happy for Ingram. He deserves it. Shame we couldn't keep him.

Congrats to Mark. Still think the Saints could have done better than Murray.
I am not a huge fan of Murray either, but for what the Saints need, who would you have suggested?

Congrats to Mark. Still think the Saints could have done better than Murray.

Like who?

Taking into account that whoever you bring in will be a #2 RB and you can only pay them so much, I'm not sure who is better for the role we need filled in our offense. Jay Ajaiy and Coleman may be better all around backs, but I think they will get much more money than Murray and Ajaiy is coming off of an ACL. Plus, both probably want to be the #1 RB. Spencer Ware was an interesting option, but he's never really done it for a whole season. Moreover, I'm not sure any of these guys match Murray's pass blocking ability. Between his pass blocking ability, good ability as a receiver out of the backfield, short yardage ability, and the fact that he is a power runner, he's good compliment to Kamra.

And, nothing is stopping the Saints from drafting a RB if the right guy falls to them in the draft.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom