Whoa. Looks like Ingram will get close to $8 Million (1 Viewer)

Like who?

Taking into account that whoever you bring in will be a #2 RB and you can only pay them so much, I'm not sure who is better for the role we need filled in our offense. Jay Ajaiy and Coleman may be better all around backs, but I think they will get much more money than Murray and Ajaiy is coming off of an ACL. Plus, both probably want to be the #1 RB. Spencer Ware was an interesting option, but he's never really done it for a whole season. Moreover, I'm not sure any of these guys match Murray's pass blocking ability. Between his pass blocking ability, good ability as a receiver out of the backfield, short yardage ability, and the fact that he is a power runner, he's good compliment to Kamra.

And, nothing is stopping the Saints from drafting a RB if the right guy falls to them in the draft.

I know he has Falcon taint on him, but I would have preferred the younger, more explosive Tevin Coleman.

It's premature at this point to assume Marry will definitely fill Mark's role. He might. Bu there's a lot of time between now and Week 1. Lot of moves are coming.

Outside of signing Lev Bell I doubt anybody would be satisfied with who we bring in to replace Ingram. The fact is Ingram deserves more than the Saints are willing to pay, and Muray is a good/solid back that can get Ingram's carries.

Kamara is the future, and will get the bulk of the touches. If you were paying attention last season Ingram didn't get a whole lot of carries down the stretch. That to me was the sign that Ingram was being phased out.

I'm happy that he'll go somewhere and be the feature back. And I hope he get his $$.

Only way we could've swung that was to let Bridgewater walk and go cheaper at backup QB. I don't think Bridgewater is worth what we are going to pay him, and I don't think he is the 'heir apparent' many people want him to be, I think Bridgewater is bottom quarter of the league starter and a good backup. But 8 just is too much for a guy to at best split time with Kamara.
So you think Bridge sucks and Ingram at best was a rb best used 50 percent of the time? With this thinking I guess AK is at best a 50 50 guy too and wouldn’t be worth it in your mind if it was his contract year ? Ingram and AK are the perfect compliment to one another and maybe the best combo the NFL has seen which was evident in their record breaking year in 2017. If the ravens are paying him 8 mill per I don’t blame Ingram one bit as he has earned every cent. I want nothing but the best of this goes through as he’s one of my fav saints of all time as we could only wish every player to ever suit up in the black n gold would play with the love and passion MI played with.
On the Bridge situation, you may wanna go look at the majority of the qb situations around the league as 90 percent don’t have a qb with one tenth of the arm talent Bridge has.

Well, that takes the sting off of the news of losing Ingram. I think our offer was about $4 mil per year (what he made last year as well?). And we got Murray for about 3.6 mil per year.

Gonna miss him, but wish him well. Congrats on the payday, Mark! 8 mil per! Can't turn that down.

giphy.gif

I doubt we just offered him the same contract he'd just completed. We probably were willing to go as high as $6/year with half of the total deal guaranteed at $12 on a 4 year deal. That'd have given him a 50% bump per year.
Touche. At the same time if we offered 6 and they offer 8 I would think the desire to not uproot his family and leave AK and the rest of the guys would have kept him here. I don't think we even made it to the 6 mark because it's more important to prepare for the others coming up and not a 30 year old back no matter how much he is loved. And I will miss him greatly.

If true, that's about double what we were allegedly offering.

Of course, average per year is meaningless. The guarantees and signing bonus would be the real difference.

I really wanted him to finish out his career here, but we have future contracts to worry about and a 2 time Pro Bowler already at the position in Kamara and Murray should help carry the load along with whatever UDFA RB we discover this year....yeah I still love those UDFA RB's.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom