Whoa. Looks like Ingram will get close to $8 Million (1 Viewer)

I really wanted him to finish out his career here, but we have future contracts to worry about and a 2 time Pro Bowler already at the position in Kamara and Murray should help carry the load along with whatever UDFA RB we discover this year....yeah I still love those UDFA RB's.

Sad to lose him and I hope he blows up like Ricky Williams if he gets the featured role.

good for him and bad for us.....gonna miss him. Kamara is the lead back now. LETS GEAUX !!!
Exactly, if you analyze last year with a fine tooth comb, AK47 was the lead back anyways.
Good Luck Ingram thanks for being a very good Saint.

Okay, I'll be bitter. Time to quote some Ron Burgundy, "Go .... yourself, Baltimore."

$8 million per season...,sound a little high.

You can make these deals when your starting Qb is on a rookie contract. The Eagles and Rams are going to find this out very soon.

Touche. At the same time if we offered 6 and they offer 8 I would think the desire to not uproot his family and leave AK and the rest of the guys would have kept him here. I don't think we even made it to the 6 mark because it's more important to prepare for the others coming up and not a 30 year old back no matter how much he is loved. And I will miss him greatly.
It's not just about the money and I don't know if leaving AK wasn't a positive thing in his mind. I know he and AK got along great and helped each other out, but I think Mark wants to be the bell cow back instead of splitting time with an All Pro level player at the same position.

It's not just about the money and I don't know if leaving AK wasn't a positive thing in his mind. I know he and AK got along great and helped each other out, but I think Mark wants to be the bell cow back instead of splitting time with an All Pro level player at the same position.

And keep in mind that we're talking about a player who worked his tail off to become a great, all around back. And as soon as he reaches his prime the team brings in AK. Ingram handled it like a consummate professional but deep down you know he wanted more touches. Great players want the ball in their hands.

Now he gets to be a feature back and make a ton of money. It's a no brainer from where he stands. I know he loves his teammates but you can't pass up an opportunity like this. I'm sure his teammates told him the same thing. Go get paid Mark! You deserve it.

You can make these deals when your starting Qb is on a rookie contract. The Eagles and Rams are going to find this out very soon.

You can make them, that doesn't make them good deals...MI is 30...8 million on a multiyear deal for him is insanity IMO (if the rumors are true)...I love him as a player and he is very dynamic but that is crazy money for an aging back....

It's premature at this point to assume Marry will definitely fill Mark's role. He might. Bu there's a lot of time between now and Week 1. Lot of moves are coming.

Washington has performed well in the past. We shall see, let the chips fall where they may, we just cant afford an 8m per year part time Mark in the back field.

Ingram is going to do well wherever he goes. Considering the type of back he is, he has pretty low mileage at this point in his career. I can see him being an effective RB1 into his mid 30s unless the team he goes to runs him hard into the ground which is a possibility in Baltimore.

Drew took a paycut but everyone isn't a Drew Brees I completely understand but damn it this is New Orleans... Baltimore don't have the culture we do. It's more than football it's a way of life. You will truly be missed 22

Ingram is going to do well wherever he goes. Considering the type of back he is, he has pretty low mileage at this point in his career. I can see him being an effective RB1 into his mid 30s unless the team he goes to runs him hard into the ground which is a possibility in Baltimore.

That's exactly what's going to happen.

I love Mark...I desperately want to keep him...but not at that price. At that price, I'll sadly let him go and sincerely say "best of wishes and good luck...you earned it." He has been a consummate professional and spark plug here, but it sounds like he wants to be a bell-cow back. I thought we were past this...I thought he was onboard with sharing carries for a prolonged career. Less money per year, but many more years of money. But if he wants to be the main man, he's earned that too, IMO.

I just wish it wasn't the Ravens. They've got no passing game, but a brutal running game. And teams now have 1/2 year of film how to defend Lamar Jackson as a runner. I expect teams to put 9 in a box and stuff 'em, and Mark's never been a slashing/cutback/breakaway runner. I think he's gonna get frustrated as a Raven, with teams knowing nearly every call is a run. I hope I'm wrong, as I like the dude and he's earned the right to finish his career however he wants. But if he gets frustrated on those occassions where the Saints keep calling a run that's not working, imagine that scenario in Baltimore with no threat of a passing game. JMO...

Good luck Angry Ingram...I truly believe staying in NO was the best possible outcome for the team AND you. But I respect your decision and hope you light it up in Baltimore!

Reminiscent of the Watson deal the Ravens offered years ago that we didn't match. Let's hope this one doesn't bite us as bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom