Whoa! UPDATE THURS 2/20 ! More Stunning Claimed Insider Info on Burrow, Brees and AK........ (55 Viewers)

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Checked with the powers to be on the board and got the go-ahead to post Coach Pete updates in the thread.

I'd like to state that this is information Coach Pete is claiming he is getting from insiders. Until proven, this should be considered advanced speculation.

1) Yes, the Saints are going after Burrow strong and the conversations with Cincy are still very active
2) The Saints approached Cincy initially with a rough outline of a package that would include draft picks plus a couple of offensive players. Cincy balked so they threw in Marcus Williams as one of the 2 players with Kamara
3) Cincy expressed "some" interest in Teddy. The Saints agreed if that was a key piece they would sign him and trade him if Tedy agreed. But Teddy loves SP and NO. He's happy being a backup with the Saints unless a prime situation comes with a bunch of money to be the starter for a quality organization
4) Cincy came back and made it clear that one of their strategic goals this year was to rebuild the defense since all the other teams in that division have good to really good defenses - edit and they wanted some of NOs star young defenders
5) The Saints balked. Sean Payton does not want to gut his defense of his young stars. Coach Sean believes he needs a quality defense post Brees
6) ) So the Saints just went back to Cincy and said, "Instead of us making stabs at this, would you think this through and tell us what you would want from the Saints to make this deal." Cincy said they will respond (I'm not sure what that means
7) (This one blew me away) Brees has offered to stay for 2-years if they get Burrow. The 2nd year as his backup and mentor. However, Brees would still play a good deal of time and be able to add to his record

It was asked what Pete thought of the new CBA. Pete said he knows very little. The way he handles things like this is that he will wait till the deal is nearly done or done, then call one of his sources to explain to him the key pieces and how it will change the game

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the latest.

I am going to start this out by saying that Coach Pete can get updated long-term planning on 7 teams, in his words with no bravado at all, just fact, "I can get info as if I were sitting inside team planning meetings." He told me details without naming sources and it's clear what he did over the last 30 years and how that pays off now in info. I'll give one bit. He told me, "The big guy I introduced you to last week (I think it was actually 2-weeks ago) who I was hugging and high fiving, he used to be my high school teammate, later one of my coaches at Texas Lutheran (???) and until recently was a coach for the Cowboys." Whatever that guy knows about the Cowboys inner working, I can pretty well guarantee you that Coach Pete does also. Here's from Pete...

"The Saints are still actively pursuing Burrow. There is now fierce competition since it leaked out that Burrow's agent told Cincy that he wanted to play for Saints and not play for the Bengals. Condom is telling teams that his client wants to play for Sean Payton. The Saints know that they don't have the draft choices to compete, however they believe they can put together attractive packages. If Burrow were not so strong about wanting to play for Sean Payton, the Saints likely could not get him. The Saints are still quite hopeful. In the article where one of the writers said 5-teams were talking to Cincy, he was right about the number of teams, but only got 2 of the teams correctly.

This is not a lock at all, but the Saints are still quite hopeful."
I thought about not posting the following for we all know the response, but

"The Saints do not believe that Brees can play a full season at the level required and then have enough in the tank to win the SB this year. That's why there will be platooning next year at QB if Brees comes back. If they get Burrow, the plan is to use Burrow a fair amount. The Saints have asked Brees to comeback one more year to mentor his successor. Brees is so loyal to Coach Sean and such a class and honorable man, that he is considering this seriously.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

1) To get Burrow, the Saints will absolutely trade Taysom Hill
2) Yes, Burrow's agent is having discussions with the Bengals that Burrow does not want to play for the Bengals
3) Teddy wants to stay in New Orleans. He loves the coaches, the team and the city. Don't be surprised to see him in Black and Gold next year in a backup capacity unless some team he thinks has a chance to go deep into the playoffs makes him an offer he can't refuse
4) As far as any update on Saints getting Burrow, both my reliable sources are in complete lockdown

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Talked to Coach Pete today and asked him, "Is this info leaking that Burrows wants to play only for a serious SB contender legit and if so, could we see and Eli/Elway play?

He grinned from ear to ear and said, "No Comment!"

I pushed him on that and he again said, "No comment. I told you that I should have an accurate, legit update in 2 to 3 weeks."

Now that we know how legit Coach Pete is and how deep are his sources, what does that say? Being an LSU Homer and dearly wanting Burrow, I can't see this picture clearly without prejudice. What do others make of that?

Thx - d

This one is pretty minor. But I have to take a bow to one of our own who posted the following very insightful deductions.

Armstead to Redskins for the #2. Kamara + #2 + #24 for the #1 overall. Done. Realistically, that's all it should take. We are giving them a top 5 producing RB over the last 3 yrs, the number 2 and number 24 pick. They can grab the next best QB and sign the best OL available at 24 which addresses their most serious needs.

Or if we have to give up more picks. We do so but get AJ Green or Taj Boyd in return.
Here's what Coach Pete told me when I asked him about this: from stevo3 and a little more

1) If you remember, I told you that the Saints were talking to 3 teams in the top 4 of the draft. You seemed to miss this. The poster you refer to is spot-on. There are teams in the Top 4 who have coaches and GMs at risk. They want proven star players now. The jump from 24 to 1 is huge. However, if the Saints can cut a deal if not directly with the Bengals, the Saints will try to get a contingent deal in place with 2, 3 or 4, and then have additional conversations with the Bengals in a more realistic, non franching disrupting way.

2) Both of my sources said it will be 2-3 more weeks before they can update me on progress for Burrow. It is unlikley I will get anything from a very reliable source until then.
Gotta run to rehab - lol. Actually chiropractor. My Doc thinks he knows how I injured my lower back, but I cannot discuss. My lips are closed type with extra strength duct tape ;-)

Wednesday Jan 22.

Minor update - Coach Pete....

A source that rarely gets Saints info, so I am suspect on this, but usually provides pretty accurate info told me yesterday that Cincy has swung back from multiple players to Kamara plus draft picks. The Saints offered Kamara plus this years: #1, #3, #4 and next years #2 and #3. Keep in mind that teams are not worried about Kamara, they all understand that he gutted out the last 5-6 games being seriously beat-up. Kamara is a gem and worth every bit of a #1 plus more...and he still likely has 2-4 years of prime career left.

(I asked him a question one of the Who Dats asked for Pete) Coach Payton cannot make a decision like this on his own. Payton functions as the GM when it comes to the final say on any draft or trade, even though Ireland handles nearly all of these matters now. (Pete's opinion not insider). I would think that he started with getting Ireland on his side, went to Loomis and then they took the idea to Mrs. Benson. There's no way they could do a deal of this magnitude without her approval.

I do know that other teams are talking to Cincy also now. But as of last week, the Saints felt they had a real good shot at Burrow, if Cincy actually is willing to trade the pick. The Saints have more in reserve they will offer if necessary, but that would be at the very end if Cincy wants more.

When talking about trading players, the team has to be real careful about this if they have a good team locker room, which the Saints excel at. This can really upset the players which Coach Payton absolutely does not want to do. Besides believing Burrow to be a generational QB coming out of college, Coach Payton is certain that Burrow can pick-up this offense very quickly. Burrow was making a number of 3rd read passes in the championship game, rare for college QBs, especially with the read option heavy in college now.
When I look back at this, if I didn't know Pete so well, I would be very suspect. This is almost the perfect situation to claim major Insider info that if it does not happen, will be very hard, or impossible, to prove it ever occurred. But Coach Pete just does not care about his rep in this area. He makes no money or new training bsuiness out of this.

Personally, I really want Burrow as long as we don't gut the franchise for years. And between Coach Payton, Ireland and Loomis, I don't think they would let this happen. Coach Payton wants more SBs and ultimately to be in the HOF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday the 18th January,

Jammed in the gym today. All the New Years Resolution. Coach Pete had over 20 he was working out at the same time. Here you go.

1)" The Saints are in full court press mode after Burrow. Nothing back from Cincy that would indicate they aren't considering the Saints proposal quite seriously. They need a bunch of players.
2) Why SP is after Burrow So Much - Very few QBs have the ability to fully comprehend Sean Payton's system. SP is certain Burrow can do that and add the long ball back in his arsenal. How lethal would Taysom Hill be with a QB who can stretch the entire field. If the Saints had gotten Mahomes, ,SP would have happily built an entire offense around his talents. With Burrow, he can step in very quickly to Coach Sean'ssystem. And there is no concern about Burrow under center. He can learn that quickly.
3) What is attracting Cincy is that this deal would come with proven stars eliminating the guesswork out of draftees and gaining top notch starters from Day 1
4) SP wants Burrow at near any cost. Yes there would be a rebuild but the Saints think they can be competitive and maybe a playoff team under Burrow while losing some key players in the rebuild
5) That guy who did the 2 page analysis of the Saints potential losses (that is SammyKnight) was all over what the Saints have been looking at for a year now. They simply cannot keep their all of their young top talent and they want to get something for some those players. Btw: that was really nice piece of work that guy did. So take what he did, add the projected contract cost of keeping all the young talent and then the full picture unveils with which the Saints are planning from.

Who Dats - Don't party yet. There's too much time to go and too many factors. But if I went to LSU and was a Saints fan, I would be very excited right now.
No time to review. Gotta go. So no wordsmithing, grammar and spelllingb will suck! Sorry Who Dats. Girlfriend is expecting me and she has me wrapped around her finger right now - lol.

Edit: Brees size leant to tall receivers. With Burrow, they can add the small Tyreek Hill type players back as recievers to create disruption. The kid who is retruning punts for the Saints now has the potential to be special. The last part about kick returner is purely my opinion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I don't know if starting another thread was the best way to go, but I decided to just update this thread.

Coach Pete today, Wednesday:

Many major trade agreements are actually done long before the draft, but the NFL does not want them announced until draft day to build maximum suspense and excitement. The deal between Green Bay and the Saints for Davenport was completed 5 weeks before the draft. I knew about this, but because of my involvement, I couldn't say. You kept probing me so I tried to mislead you until draft day. The talks between the Saints and Bengals are quite real and could get completed within weeks. Yes, there are multiple teams talking to the Bengals, but the Saints offer is the most interesting one for the Bengals right now.

There's only one hold-up, the 2nd player besides Kamara. If this goes through, you Who Dats will be surprised at how little draft compensation will be required. Cincy wants Michael Thomas plus Kamara. The Saints are currently taking the position that MT is off-limits. But Coach Payton told the FO, at nearly any cost. My sources are telling me if that holds the deal-up, the Saints will roll on Thomas and include him.

Brees knows he can't play a 19-20 game season with high effectiveness anymore. One of the keys for the Saints is making sure Brees is willing to stay one more year to tutor Burrow and step in if neccessary. That has not been agreed upon yet.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Coach Pete told me what I will share in a moment, I told him,

"Pete, it's taken 4 years to build your rep and respect on the SR board where your posts average in the 90+ positive percentile. You don't have to go this far out. In fact, imo, it's very risky to post what you are saying. Your rep could get ruined on the board over these predictions if proven there is no real substance behind these predictions."
Coach Pere came back with:

I have no goals to do anything different from what I am doing in the health business. I Love helping others achieve health levels they deemed impossible and to watch the positive changes in their entire lives. It's mind, body, spirit for me. When my pro rehab and combine businesses dried up a few years ago, I no longer had to stay team neutral. So I decided on the Saints because I love Brees since high school and I thought you and I could have some fun, you being a die-hard Saints fan. I have no financial goals or ego goals tied to what you and I have been doing on that big Who Dat fan board. The info I am getting is from very trusted, long-term inside sources.
1) Davenport
- appears to be doing much better and may be ready for training camp. The coaches are still considering moving him to the left side, swapping with Jordan, since his left leg is still healthy and he can push-off with that leg. But there is no guarantee that Marcus can make the adjustment.

2) Burrow - Is the #1 goal of the Saints entire offseason. Weekly conversation are being held with Brady about Burrow's interest in the Saints which is sky high, as well as any potential hidden injuries which they believe are none that are serious. The conversations with the Bengals are not exploratory. They have and are continuing to have conversations with the Bengals. The Bengals know they need more than one player. They have a ton of holes to fill. The deal is very close. It could blow-up, but the Saints believe it is possible.

Burrow will turn 24 or 25 next season. That scares a number of teams who would prefer a younger QB, preferably coming out early, especially with the #1 or #2 position in the draft. The Bengals and Saints have a verbal agreement in place that is really close. Kamara goes to the Bengals and will be paired with Mixon, a combo Cincy thinks would be disruptive. The Saints are offering multiple 1s and 2s with a couple of future 3rd and 4th rounders. However, the Bengals want one more specific player who the Saints, at least to this point, are not willing to trade. The Saints are offering a few other players instead. Anything can happen to blow this up, but this deal is very close. Sean Payton thinks Burrow is a generational QB like Mahomes and Luck. (I asked who the player was and Coach Pete said that he could not answer that. So he knows).

3) Brees - I need no one to tell me how great Brees is. As a former coach, I see things Brees does which most fans cannot, and Brees is unbelievable in his trade. If they get Burrow, they want to start Burrow next year, especially since he knows the Saints offense. At this point, Brees is willing to stay in a mentor, quasi back-up role (I can't believe this personally). Brees knows, SP knows and the FO knows that Brees cannot play at a high level for an entire season and the playoffs. Brees could start the season then Burrow could come in after 3-6 games. Then they rest Brees for a playoff run if Burrow stumbles at all.

4) LSU Players and the Saints - because of Brady being in his role at LSU, the Saints have a lot of confidence in Brady's evaluation of talent. Remember the relationship Coach Sean had with Urban Meyer and all the players the Saints drafted from Ohio State. I expect to see the Saints drafting a lot more players from LSU than in the past. Brady and SP are talking every week now on a scheduled call about LSU players coming out this year.
To me personally, much of this seems way far out and a major reach. But when I looked back at Coach Pete and asked him if he wanted me to post this, he had that cocky smile and said, "Äbsolutely! everything I'm telling you is real, not any guesswork on my part."

I have my doubts, but I would never bet against Coach Pete when he has that smiling cocky look on his face and he tells me his sources are strong on certain info. I even asked Pete if he was smoking stoner stuff or the Docs have him on new meds. He just laughed and said that this is all legit.....

Last edited:

SWAMP_THING

All-Pro
Reaction score
And yes I know you all do not like me replying to myself but the black cat do you rember this dude called Adolf Hitler and would you want to see what the world would have looked like if he won I bet you would not and do you know how many people died in so many country so you can birch about freedom that you apparently take for granted.now I ask you is freedom FREE
I know this political don't go there material, but I don't much like the results of Stalin winning either..ouch dat!

OP
OP
Swimmer

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
VIP Subscribing Member
Platinum VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Here's the latest.

I am going to start this out by saying that Coach Pete can get updated long-term planning on 7 teams, in his words with no bravado at all, just fact, "I can get info as if I were sitting inside team planning meetings." He told me details without naming sources and it's clear what he did over the last 30 years and how that pays off now in info. I'll give one bit. He told me, "The big guy I introduced you to last week (I think it was actually 2-weeks ago) who I was hugging and high fiving, he used to be my high school teammate, later one of my coaches at Texas Lutheran (???) and until recently was a coach for the Cowboys." Whatever that guy knows about the Cowboys inner working, I can pretty well guarantee you that Coach Pete does also. Here's from Pete...

"The Saints are still actively pursuing Burrow. There is now fierce competition since it leaked out that Burrow's agent told Cincy that he wanted to play for Saints and not play for the Bengals. Condom is telling teams that his client wants to play for Sean Payton. The Saints know that they don't have the draft choices to compete, however they believe they can put together attractive packages. If Burrow were not so strong about wanting to play for Sean Payton, the Saints likely could not get him. The Saints are still quite hopeful. In the article where one of the writers said 5-teams were talking to Cincy, he was right about the number of teams, but only got 2 of the teams correctly.

This is not a lock at all, but the Saints are still quite hopeful."

"The Saints do not believe that Brees can play a full season at the level required and then have enough in the tank to win the SB this year. That's why there will be platooning next year at QB if Brees comes back. If they get Burrow, the plan is to use Burrow a fair amount. The Saints have asked Brees to comeback one more year to mentor his successor. Brees is so loyal to Coach Sean and such a class and honorable man, that he is considering this seriously.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Doug B

Fanaticus Sanctii
Reaction score
Ouch -- sounds like Coach Pete has no love lost for Burrow's (and Brees') agent:

Here's from Pete...
"The Saints are still actively pursuing Burrow. There is now fierce competition since it leaked out that Burrow's agent told Cincy that he wanted to play for Saints and not play for the Bengals. Condom is telling teams that his client wants to play for Sean Payton ...
I wonder if Coach Pete calls Tom Condon that to his face?

50_Saint

"Da Enligtened One"
Reaction score
Here's the latest.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Talked to Coach Pete today and asked him, "Is this info leaking that Burrows wants to play only for a serious SB contender legit and if so, could we see and Eli/Elway play?

He grinned from ear to ear and said, "No Comment!"

I pushed him on that and he again said, "No comment. I told you that I should have an accurate, legit update in 2 to 3 weeks."

Now that we know how legit Coach Pete is and how deep are his sources, what does that say? Being an LSU Homer and dearly wanting Burrow, I can't see this picture clearly without prejudice. What do others make of that?

Thx - d

This one is pretty minor. But I have to take a bow to one of our own who posted the following very insightful deductions.

https://saintsreport.com/goto/post?id=7933905

Here's what Coach Pete told me when I asked him about this: from stevo3 and a little more

Gotta run to rehab - lol. Actually chiropractor. My Doc thinks he knows how I injured my lower back, but I cannot discuss. My lips are closed type with extra strength duct tape ;-)

Wednesday Jan 22.

Minor update - Coach Pete....

When I look back at this, if I didn't know Pete so well, I would be very suspect. This is almost the perfect situation to claim major Insider info that if it does not happen, will be very hard, or impossible, to prove it ever occurred. But Coach Pete just does not care about his rep in this area. He makes no money or new training bsuiness out of this.

Personally, I really want Burrow as long as we don't gut the franchise for years. And between Coach Payton, Ireland and Loomis, I don't think they would let this happen. Coach Payton wants more SBs and ultimately to be in the HOF.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday the 18th January,

Jammed in the gym today. All the New Years Resolution. Coach Pete had over 20 he was working out at the same time. Here you go.

No time to review. Gotta go. So no wordsmithing, grammar and spelllingb will suck! Sorry Who Dats. Girlfriend is expecting me and she has me wrapped around her finger right now - lol.

Edit: Brees size leant to tall receivers. With Burrow, they can add the small Tyreek Hill type players back as recievers to create disruption. The kid who is retruning punts for the Saints now has the potential to be special. The last part about kick returner is purely my opinion.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
I don't know if starting another thread was the best way to go, but I decided to just update this thread.

Coach Pete today, Wednesday:

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Coach Pete told me what I will share in a moment, I told him,

Coach Pere came back with:

To me personally, much of this seems way far out and a major reach. But when I looked back at Coach Pete and asked him if he wanted me to post this, he had that cocky smile and said, "Äbsolutely! everything I'm telling you is real, not any guesswork on my part."

I have my doubts, but I would never bet against Coach Pete when he has that smiling cocky look on his face and he tells me his sources are strong on certain info. I even asked Pete if he was smoking stoner stuff or the Docs have him on new meds. He just laughed and said that this is all legit.....

Thanks for the update Swimmer.

"The Saints do not believe that Brees can play a full season at the level required and then have enough in the tank to win the SB this year. That's why there will be platooning next year at QB if Brees comes back. If they get Burrow, the plan is to use Burrow a fair amount. The Saints have asked Brees to comeback one more year to mentor his successor. Brees is so loyal to Coach Sean and such a class and honorable man, that he is considering this seriously."

Ive been saying this since the inception of your thread and getting falconed for it. People just cant let go of Drew.,

Reaction score
Franchise tag for Teddy . 1st round tender on Taysom in my scenario
The franchise tag is around 25m for a QB. I don't know if you can spread that out either?

If that's correct, that is very pricy for Teddy and would be difficult to pull off. We probably need to spread out a QB contract that expensive.

I'm assuming that doesn't include signing Brees.

FWtex

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Thanks for the update Swimmer.

"The Saints do not believe that Brees can play a full season at the level required and then have enough in the tank to win the SB this year. That's why there will be platooning next year at QB if Brees comes back. If they get Burrow, the plan is to use Burrow a fair amount. The Saints have asked Brees to comeback one more year to mentor his successor. Brees is so loyal to Coach Sean and such a class and honorable man, that he is considering this seriously."

Ive been saying this since the inception of your thread and getting falconed for it. People just cant let go of Drew.,
This has been my thought as well. Sure Brees could play another season if all he had to do is show up on gameday and throw 35 passes. A whole offseason regiment, preseason regiment, and full season plus playoff's is a completely different commitment.

I do not see a platoon system working because the offense Brees would run would be much different than the offense of Tb or TH. Also, I don;t remember what coach said it, but if you have to use two QB the saying was that you don't have one good QB or something like that. Running two different QB's put more work on the rest of the offense.

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
Here's the latest.

Reaction score
Edit
For the Record When I express my opinion you will know it is mine.

If I don't explicitly say I agree with something don't ASSume I do just because I post it. Sarcasm that has to identified failed.

Maybe I was giving some of you too much credit. Do I need to be pedantic?

PS I do not Clown, Dislike, Sad or Facepalm posters. Doing so seems juvenile. I respect you enough (one exception) to state how and WHY I disagree with your views.

1581700766206.png

Last edited:

CowtownSaint

The Excellence of Execution
Reaction score
My biggest gripe lately on here is how many people talk about how we are so Built to Win Now. We are not. We were built and had the window. It closed as of the 3rd catastrophe in a row during last seasons playoffs.

anyone who thinks otherwise is just trying to convince themselves with wishful thinking. Make no mistake, the Saints now have to look very carefully how to proceed for the next 2 seasons in order to build a new window.

In that time, we could / will see:
Brees Retire
Kamara Holdout
3 great players from our earlier draft classes sign with different teams.

it’s evident we are looking at the real possibility of starting the cycle over again, but we are going to need aQB to do that based on longevity alone. Sorry guys but Teddy nor Taysom are those guys. Taysom has immense value compared to Teddy in overall onfield package in my opinion. And even there, you could see him being packaged.

it is not unreasonable for the Saints to move forward to aggressively grt Burrow. In fact I believe it will happen

Reaction score
Here's the latest.
From bleacher report . Link:

The Cincinnati Bengals own the No. 1 overall pick in the 2020 NFL draft and have numerous strong options for how to use the selection, but sources connected to both college football and the NFL say the team has already decided who the pick will be.

LSU's Joe Burrow.

Over the last two weeks in various conversations with coaches at LSU, scouts, decision-makers across the NFL and agents who represent top quarterbacks, it has become quite clear that Burrow will be the selection.

"Barring some kind of Ricky Williams trade up the board, they're taking [Burrow]," is how one coach put it in a text this week. Others will tell you this has been known since the Bengals secured the No. 1 overall pick. So why are there rumors that Cincinnati and Burrow aren't a fit?

One former general manager told me that's by design. "If you're Burrow, you probably don't love the idea of being a Bengal, but you're too good of a kid to ever say that. So you just sit and let the rumors happen, and maybe someone like Carolina or Miami trades everything they have to come get you. It's not the worst move ever."

The Bengals, though, are not expected to bite. According to a coach who worked with Burrow in college, Cincinnati has clearly signaled the former LSU quarterback is its choice without coming out and saying it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 18, Guests: 30)

Headlines

Top Bottom