WhoDat?DrewDat's 2011 Mock Draft(Tradeing up) (1 Viewer)

WhoDat?DrewDat

Jimmy Graham #1 Fan
Reaction score
Ok this mock will be a little different and most likely wont happen however this is just for fun dont grind me to hard. But tell me what you think! thanks for viewing.

Round One: Saints trade our 3rd round(wash) pick and 1stround pick to move up and select.
Ryan Kerrigan, DE, Purdue, 6'4, 263lbs
ryan-kerrigan-purdue-defensive-end.jpg

Wow, Ryan Kerrigan is a total monster, he had a hudge senior season racking up 13 sacks, he lived in his opponents backfeild all season long. he is the type of guy who is relentless and has one of the best motors that I have seen in a while.

Round Two: Saints select Mikel Leshore, RB, Illinois, 6'0, 230lbs
images

Oh boy im gonna get alot of flack for this pick. But lets be honest I love PT just as much as the next saints fan however he just doesent seem to have "it" anymore averging 3.4ypc this year he just cant carry the load. Ivory is nice however he get injured almost everysingle game! Drew Brees need a reliable runningback to help carry the load. Leshore had 6.8ypc last year and 5.5 this year. Hes a Stud.

Round Three: Saints select Casey Matthews, OLB, Oregon, 6'2, 235lbs
x350.jpg

Casey plays MLB at Oregon yet transfirs pretty nicely into a Sam linbacker, hes not quite as athletis as his brother, however hes more of a pure linbacker, hes a tackleing monster, and much stronger than he looks. He plays the run nicely, and he also has cover skills unlike one OLB playing for the saints. cough cough *shanle* cough cough

I love Kerrigan, and I love this pick. Excellent choice.
But considering our moderate success with PT, Hamilton, and Ivory. Do you really think we will draft a RB in the 2nd round ?
Plus I would like to improve our front 7 and draft a space eater/run stuffer NT

I would love this draft. We can pick up a DT in free agency.

I love Kerrigan, and I love this pick. Excellent choice.
But considering our moderate success with PT, Hamilton, and Ivory. Do you really think we will draft a RB in the 2nd round ?
Plus I would like to improve our front 7 and draft a space eater/run stuffer NT

Yes I do think that we need a runningback, Drew brees had his worst season because of how terriable it was and no defence is scard of it.

I was thinking about giving us Jerell Powe in the third but i liked casey a little but more Jerelle is 6'2 320lbs

I know our running game is bad, but I wanted to point the fact that a good RB can be picked much later than 2nd round.
See this year, the 2 best rookies RB are Ivory and Blount and not Spiller, Mathews, or Best.

From the draft boards I have been looking at the Kerrigan pick may not be the best.
How about?
Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
Height: 6-4. Weight: 288.
I like the rest of your picks though.

He is a freak, but what is his real position ? Because I've seen a lot of different projections 3-4 DE, 4-3 DE, 4-3 DT

I know our running game is bad, but I wanted to point the fact that a good RB can be picked much later than 2nd round.
See this year, the 2 best rookies RB are Ivory and Blount and not Spiller, Mathews, or Best.

yes a good RB can but not a GREAT or ELEITE RB

From the draft boards I have been looking at the Kerrigan pick may not be the best.
How about?
Allen Bailey, DE, Miami
Height: 6-4. Weight: 288.
I like the rest of your picks though.

Dude Kerrigan is a complete monster who trumps Allen Bailey easley. Ive never been a fan of bailey, im not saying bes a bad player i just dont think he can be as good as kerrigan.

I think we could use several positions....RT/RB/NT/DT/DE/LB..... I wish we could get a road grader at RT to put next to Evans. Maybe we can resign Bushrod like some have suggested and move him to RT. I like Nevis or Leshore in the first, OLB in the 2nd, NT prospect in the third, maybe a raw small school DE prospect at the bottom of the third. Honestly though the above draft is fine by me DE is definitely a need....we need to improve our pass rush, get more consistent in run defense and become more effective running the ball...how we go about that doesn't make me any difference.

BTW I expect Junior will be ready to play some snaps next year...I wonder if they are trying to bulk him up a little so he can play the DE position of if they are going to try to convert him to a LB.

I agree. Payton and Loomis could find a RB in later rounds. Look at how they found PT and Ivory. We need to upgrade our front 7 on D first and foremost.

I like that HB/FB from USC(sorry can't remember his name)

To me he's the tuff short yardage or break away back that we
desparately need. He reminds me of the Brown's Hillis except alot faster.

Kerrigan and Matthews are two exemplary GW players: tough, physical, competitive, versatile, intelligent. They'd both firt perfectly in our defense just like I knew Malcolm Jenkins would be a perfect fit here with GW.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom