Who's going to be our backup QB? (1 Viewer)

ken28

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Since Taysom can't do what he does as the backup QB, who do yall think will be our backup?

Will we sign a veteran FA, draft a rookie, let Taysom be number 2 and shut him down, or let him be number 2 and roll the dice and let him play his game?

No telling. Probably sign one and draft one. The better of the competition will be #2, and if it’s Taysom, not sure how it will affect his role, if at all. I would guess he would maintain his role until forced to step in. Just a guess.

Flacco ain't a bad call at all if we can somehow get him at least part of the way back to his earlier form. The dude has a 7-5 record in road playoff games too so he'd potentially be a very good stopgap for 2-3 years following Brees' retirement while we figure out who the real future franchise QB is gonna be.

Yea Flacco would make a good backup but I think he’ll retire before having that come to Jesus moment.

Flacco ain't a bad call at all if we can somehow get him at least part of the way back to his earlier form. The dude has a 7-5 record in road playoff games too so he'd potentially be a very good stopgap for 2-3 years following Brees' retirement while we figure out who the real future franchise QB is gonna be.

I think once Flacco won a Super Bowl and got paid he lost some of his drive that got him there. He would make a good veteran backup tho. Much better than Luke McCown and he almost won us a game.

Flacco doesn't really fit our system anyway. He's more of a downfield guy, and he's lost some arm strength.

I always thought Colt McCoy would fit perfectly. Cerebral player who doesn't have a big arm but makes the right reads. But he just signed with the Giants.

It's slim pickings out there, even for a backup QB. Trevor Sieman is probably my favorite option of all of the garbage that's left.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom