Who's going to be our backup QB? (1 Viewer)

ken28

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
Sticky Post
Since Taysom can't do what he does as the backup QB, who do yall think will be our backup?

Will we sign a veteran FA, draft a rookie, let Taysom be number 2 and shut him down, or let him be number 2 and roll the dice and let him play his game?

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Flacco doesn't really fit our system anyway. He's more of a downfield guy, and he's lost some arm strength.

I always thought Colt McCoy would fit perfectly. Cerebral player who doesn't have a big arm but makes the right reads. But he just signed with the Giants.

It's slim pickings out there, even for a backup QB. Trevor Sieman is probably my favorite option of all of the garbage that's left.
I like Siemian and McCoy as backups. They're on my top 10 list of mismanaged QB's. Under the right coach, they could be much better.

Last edited:

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Taysom as the Backup. Jalen Hurts as the new Taysom in his Joker role and Taysom's backup in 2022.
If Hurts can tackle and catch, he would make a great Taysom stand-in. He's not as fast, but about as strong, and more elusive.

brungart

nittany saint
Reaction score
I would have liked to get Driskel from Detroit he looks like he has some tools and still young,

Rob73

Practice Squad
Reaction score
We've has some good drafts lately. Saints could pick up a 6th round QB in the draft and it might turn out to be the next Drew Brees. I'm not current on this years crop of QB talent but wonder if there are any QBs flying out there under the radar.

Last edited:

SouthRider

1979 State Champ
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
If the draft goes as well as some on here have predicted our backup will likely be.......

Drew Brees! :p

Bread Man

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Here is an article that adds some additional comments about the quarterback candidates that have been referenced.

Saints veteran quarterback options in free agency

The New Orleans Saints may be on the prowl for another quarterback with experience with the departure of Teddy Bridgewater to Carolina.

Here are the potential candidates for that role.

Joe Flacco, 35 years old, failed a physical March 19 with the Broncos. His resume’ is a long one with 171 career starts, 40,667 passing yards, 218 touchdowns, 141 interceptions and a Super Bowl victory under his belt. ARTICLE

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Me. I'm 55 and don't mind riding the bench while Drew and Taysom play. I would be perfect. There would be no QB controversy with me on the team.

CajunSaint08

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Taysom as the Backup. Jalen Hurts as the new Taysom in his Joker role and Taysom's backup in 2022.
Though I would love to have Jalen, I don't see him as tough as Taysom. So I don't think he could take the beating Taysom takes when he runs the ball. But Jalen is a very accurate passer. I think he is under rated in his passing abilities.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom