Who's going to be our backup QB? (1 Viewer)

Well coaching in Tampa hasn’t been the greatest wouldn’t you say? He can only raise his “football IQ” by learning from Sean Payton and company.

I probably should’ve said raise his “football IQ.” The term “Can’t fix stupid” is pretty accurate. So yea Football IQ lol
He had Arians in TB. That is not a bad coach for a QB to work with.

Flacco doesn't really fit our system anyway. He's more of a downfield guy, and he's lost some arm strength.

I always thought Colt McCoy would fit perfectly. Cerebral player who doesn't have a big arm but makes the right reads. But he just signed with the Giants.

It's slim pickings out there, even for a backup QB. Trevor Sieman is probably my favorite option of all of the garbage that's left.

I like Siemian and McCoy as backups. They're on my top 10 list of mismanaged QB's. Under the right coach, they could be much better.

Last edited:
Taysom as the Backup. Jalen Hurts as the new Taysom in his Joker role and Taysom's backup in 2022.

If Hurts can tackle and catch, he would make a great Taysom stand-in. He's not as fast, but about as strong, and more elusive.

I would have liked to get Driskel from Detroit he looks like he has some tools and still young,

If the draft goes as well as some on here have predicted our backup will likely be.......

Drew Brees! :p

One of these 3 draft qbs

Jacob Eason
Jake Luton
Or Brian Lewerke

Here is an article that adds some additional comments about the quarterback candidates that have been referenced.

Saints veteran quarterback options in free agency

The New Orleans Saints may be on the prowl for another quarterback with experience with the departure of Teddy Bridgewater to Carolina.

Here are the potential candidates for that role.

Joe Flacco, 35 years old, failed a physical March 19 with the Broncos. His resume’ is a long one with 171 career starts, 40,667 passing yards, 218 touchdowns, 141 interceptions and a Super Bowl victory under his belt. ARTICLE

Me. I'm 55 and don't mind riding the bench while Drew and Taysom play. I would be perfect. There would be no QB controversy with me on the team.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom