Who's On Your Saints Mount Rushmore? (1 Viewer)

Grant Backer Two

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Archie, RJ, Drew, and Deuce at the moment. In 5 years Archie, RJ, Drew, and MT13..
ALL we had back in the day was Archie..... Imagine how bad we would have REALLY sucked without him.
No disrespect to, DH21, EM 81, SM51, VG53, PS56. (I just realized that I am 8 days older than PS.)

Reaction score
Absolutely correct on this bolded part.

But he was all we ever had for the first 20 years that was ever anything, and that's 40% of the franchise's existence. You can't just erase the past.

And he took his beatings and stayed a local guy and never ever ever complained win or lose -- if that doesn't epitomize everything about what a Saints lifer is, I can't help you.

Not to go all Catholic on you, but if you think of him as our Moses (who himself never got to the Promised Land after all that effort). or John the Baptist (foretelling of the future), it's easier to understand.

You can say this is an old-timer's confirmation bias, but my gentle response would be....go **** yourself. If we hadn't hung in there, the NFL never steps in in 1984 to see if they could find a local buyer, the Pritzkers buy the team and move it to Jacksonville, and this website doesn't exist.

No Manning, no Mount Rushmore, and we're the Canton Bulldogs.
He's an integral part of the team's history, no question, but his on-the-field contributions jus don't measure up. He was the best of a very bad bunch, true. Now, if you want to argue for his overall contributions, which include his broadcast time after he was done playing? I think there's a solid argument there.

Jameth

Formerly jrich7720
Reaction score
Mount Rushmore:

Brees
Roaf
Jackson
Mills

Mount Need-To-Do-More:

Jordan
Thomas

If Jordan gets to 100 sacks, he’s easily right there with Jackson as our best defender in history, and would replace Mills. Thomas is a shoe-in to replace Roaf, by virtue of his five year extension. It’s inevitable.

Reaction score
Go back and watch some of those close games that were decided by a FG. You could actually look at some of the opposing teams coaches & players (see 1987 game at Candlestick Park) body language when Morten took the field. It was if they already knew their fate was to accept an L. I once attended a game as a kid (80's) in the Dome and I swear I saw the statistician put up 3 BEFORE we attempted a FG. His PAT were damn near 90% or greater throughout his career. That's the equivalent of Mark Price, Steph Curry or Steve Nash toeing it up at the free throw line.

Morten was damn near an AUTOMATIC 3 POINTS at any distance. The guy was way more than just "a kicker".

His bust sits in Canton for a reason.
I worked with a guy from Denmark. They only know soccer. However the whole country knows The Great Dane.

St. Pike

Representing Proudly
Reaction score
Manning - He was the one shining star. When he talent around him, he was phenomenal.
Jackson - He was great before the "Dome Patrol" was a thing and is easily the best of the four. I would put him in the all-time greats.
Brees - I think it goes without saying.
Andersen - One of the best kickers of all time.

Honorable Mentioned: Roaf. He was one of the best OL we ever had. I just can't see replacing him with any of the ones listed.

WhoDat_SB44

Pimpin' Ain't Breesy!
Reaction score
Anyone dealing with the Saints like players, coaches, owner:

Brees, Payton, Rickey, Roaf (tough not to put Benson in there)

Players:

Brees, Rickey, Roaf, Thomas (it’s crazy since he’s so early in his career, but he’s already an all time great as a Saint in my book) I could almost put Morten Anderson in there until Thomas reaches more years here, but I think he will be here for quite sometime

bobad

Son of Adam
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Archie
Rickey
Drew
Mike Thomas
It's very close with about 10 others, but these guys must make the cut.

Give me a giant Rushmore of 10 players, and I'll play along. But only 4? People like Deuce, Roaf, Martin, Payton, and Horn are passed over? that's brutal, and I'm not playing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Emmanuel Sanders is building chemistry with Drew Brees and the New Orleans Saints offense SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus 5 things to watch for as the Saints begin the practice portion of camp SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints WR Emmanuel Sanders opens up about relationship with Drew Brees SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints long snapper Zach Wood retests negative, still in COVID-19 protocol SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints add depth at LB, sign vet free agent Nigel Bradham SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints salary cap space update after the latest signings and opt-outs SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints to activate linebacker Kaden Elliss from reserve/COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints announce roster moves SR News Page Articles 0
Saints announce signing of LB Nigel Bradham, activate LB Kaden Eliss from COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints linebacker Kaden Ellis cleared from COVID-19 list, long snapper Zach Wood to be cleared pending second negative test Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Source: Saints LB Kaden Elliss to be reinstated from reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints Sign Bradham, Fowler and Waive Ten Players Saints RSS News Feeds 0
4 weeks Saints Latavius Murray could be worth starting in fantasy football Saints RSS News Feeds 0
ktmoze Projecting the Tight Ends to make the Saints 53-Man Roster in 2020 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saints head to Chicago in Week 8 against a quarterback TBD Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Will 'playing with fire' finally burn Saints when salary cap plummets? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LB Kaden Eliss, long snapper Zach Wood on COVID-19/reserve list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints place LS Zach Wood, LB Kaden Elliss on reserve/COVID-19 list Saints RSS News Feeds 0
COVID-19 deadline has passed with no additional Saints opting out Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2 Saints players put on Covid-19 list Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 59
Andrus Why Saints' Marcus Davenport will have a T.J. Watt-type edge rusher breakout season in 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus The Jenkins Effect: Veteran DBs' positive impact on the Saints Defense SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Projecting the Saints 53-Man Roster: Running Backs SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Inside Look: Saints Media Day 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Do the Saints really need to add another defensive lineman? Saints RSS News Feeds 0
After Drew Brees, how many current Saints could reach Hall of Fame? Six others, ESPN writer says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bruce Arians: Clock is ticking for Buccaneers to get ready for opener against Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Walker: Saints being proactive by renting Loews Hotel for players, staff during camp Saints RSS News Feeds 0
No Saints coaches have chosen to opt out, Sean Payton says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Unsurprisingly, Saints aren't an odds-on favorite to sign Antonio Brown SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Craig Robertson impressed by Saints rookies Zack Baun, Joe Bachie SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Top 2020 training camp battles for Saints: Backup quarterback, receiver and tight end all question marks SR News Page Articles 0
El Caliente Do the Saints have the best trio of Safeties? Do the Saints have the best DB Unit? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Saints QB Drew Brees may be 41, but his downfield numbers are 'still strong,' Sean Payton says Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saintsphere NFL.com does ceiling and floor for every team. Saints ceiling: 15-1; floor: 10-6. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Why the New Orleans Saints could win it all, Part VIII: Cornerbacks Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints LB Demario Davis, punter Thomas Morstead virtual press conferences Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Former Saints coordinator Gregg Williams will be a head coach again Saints RSS News Feeds 0
RedJem Saints Training Camp / Daily Updates 8-5-20 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints promote Terry Fontenot to assistant G.M. of pro personnel Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints promote Terry Fontenot to Vice President/Assistant GM of Pro Personnel Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus 2020 NFL Team Preview Series: New Orleans Saints SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints' Cam Jordan welcomes Tom Brady — 'the second-greatest QB of all time' — to NFC South SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Saints won't benefit from NFL adding salary cap space due to COVID-19 SR News Page Articles 0
Andrus Cameron Jordan talks trash to Tom Brady, but can the Saints back it up? SR News Page Articles 0
Why the New Orleans Saints could win it all, Part VII: Linebackers Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Why the Saints are uniquely prepared for this offseason adversity Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints cut defensive tackle Taylor Stallworth Saints RSS News Feeds 0
RedJem Saints Training Camp / Daily Updates 8-4-20 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 12
Film Study: Nigel Bradham’s coverage skills provide Saints with solid depth Saints RSS News Feeds 0