Who's On Your Saints Mount Rushmore? (2 Viewers)

you simply cannot compare qb stats from 50 years ago to today. The td leader in 1972 was Namath with 19, and he had 21 interceptions that year (4 of the 5 top qbs that year had more ints than tds). Manning was the NFC Player of the year in 1978, was selected as an all-pro once, and went to two pro bowls, and was routinely in the top 10 in passer yards. He was the entire Saints team for a decade

^^This.

Quarterbacking back then wasn't the precise science it is today, thanks in part to the rulebook inviting it to be so.

It's a tough call using my mythical sculptor to put Archie on the mountain over Roaf, essentially. But indeed Archie was the face of the franchise for a decade, and he made a much better face than the team's owner at the time.

I didn't know we were adding coaches, so I'll do two:
Drew
Rickey
Willie
Colston
Deuce
W/coach
Payton
Drew
Rickey
Colston

Players only:
Drew
Rickey
Willie
Reggie (For shear excitement and national attention he brought) or
Will

Cam is knocking on the door loudly.

I keep seeing Willie mentioned like it is a no doubt. But I'd like to make a case that Jahri Evans is at least as deserving as Willie if not moreso based on what they did as Saints. Jahri played 11 years with the Saints, Willie only 9. They each made All-Pro 5 times but Willie was 2nd 3 times and 1st only once, wheras Jahri was 1st team 4 of his 5. No one, and I mean NO ONE else in franchise history has more than half as many first team All-Pro picks as Jahri. Jahri has 4 and several have 2(Willie, Morten, Pat Swilling, and MT) and a bunch have 1. Add in his 6 Pro Bowls, which to me only count half as much as an All-Pro team because of having so many people make it and how the voting goes, Jahri is the most decorated player in franchise history and deserves a spot. I think he will be in THE HOF not long after he is eligible.
I am putting:
Drew Brees
Jahri Evans
Morten Anderson
The Dome Patrol

I keep seeing Willie mentioned like it is a no doubt. But I'd like to make a case that Jahri Evans is at least as deserving as Willie if not moreso based on what they did as Saints. Jahri played 11 years with the Saints, Willie only 9. They each made All-Pro 5 times but Willie was 2nd 3 times and 1st only once, wheras Jahri was 1st team 4 of his 5. No one, and I mean NO ONE else in franchise history has more than half as many first team All-Pro picks as Jahri. Jahri has 4 and several have 2(Willie, Morten, Pat Swilling, and MT) and a bunch have 1. Add in his 6 Pro Bowls, which to me only count half as much as an All-Pro team because of having so many people make it and how the voting goes, Jahri is the most decorated player in franchise history and deserves a spot. I think he will be in THE HOF not long after he is eligible.
I am putting:
Drew Brees
Jahri Evans
Morten Anderson
The Dome Patrol

I love Jahri as much as anyone and he was a key cog of the team for a long time. But, left tackle is a much more important and difficult position to play than guard. There are a ton of Pro Bowl guards who moved to G because they didn't have what it took to play tackle.

Jahri also benefited from being a part of the Saints during a prolonged period of excellence. Good players on bad teams get shafted for the Pro Bowl regularly. If Roaf had played for the Saints from 2006 through 2017, he'd probably have had 11 All-Pros.

Coach Pete!!!

Just having some fun guys. These are tough times. Just trying to bring some laughter to the board.

I love Jahri as much as anyone and he was a key cog of the team for a long time. But, left tackle is a much more important and difficult position to play than guard. There are a ton of Pro Bowl guards who moved to G because they didn't have what it took to play tackle.

Jahri also benefited from being a part of the Saints during a prolonged period of excellence. Good players on bad teams get shafted for the Pro Bowl regularly. If Roaf had played for the Saints from 2006 through 2017, he'd probably have had 11 All-Pros.
OK, you convinced me to make a change:
Drew Brees
Jahri Evans
The Dome Patrol
Willie Roaf (instead of Morten)

OK, you convinced me to make a change:
Drew Brees
Jahri Evans
The Dome Patrol
Willie Roaf (instead of Morten)

I like putting the Dome Patrol all as one even if it's cheating a bit. They were a unit and should be remembered as such.

Sully No Show
Byrd
Spiller
Erxleben

Sorry it was a long work week....

Drew
Sean
Dome Patrol
Either Duece or Colston.. I cant pick

I’m only 23, so too young for the Roaf & Mills days.

But it’s hard to picture the saints Mount Rushmore without Cam Jordan. The dude has been playing at an all pro level for years now. Absolute stud and never misses games

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom