Who's the Key for the Saints? (1 Viewer)

Who's the Key for the Saints Victory on Sunday

• Cameron Jordan

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Michael Thomas

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Drew Brees

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Alvin Kamara

Votes: 13 13.4%
  • Demario Davis

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Marshon Lattimore

• Saints O-Line

Votes: 36 37.1%
  • Jared Cook

• Marcus Davenport

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Marcus Williams

• Eli Apple

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Taysom Hill

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Other

Votes: 14 14.4%

• Total voters

David Robbins

Ole Miss Rocks!
Reaction score
It's a given we will have to play our best game this weekend to win. The Niners are a very good team. However, there are always scenarios where a particular player has to rise above his peers to produce a win.

In this regard, who do you think will have to be the player to step up his game the most to help us insure victory on Sunday?

I voted Davis. He’s been huge in all of our big wins going back to last year.

But, it’s probably better to ask who can have an off day.

After what Lamar Jackson did to them, I just see it being Taysom Hill. I think he can do everything Lamar does when running, and he is a better passer than Lamar! lol.

I went other. Missing 2 starting linebackers has me a tad concerned. If it had been one or the other, not so much. I love Robertson as a player, and know he will have a great game. I just hope the continuity is there from what I'm sure has been limited snap's with he and Davis in practice until this week. Atleast they have had extra time to work through any issues. The biggest concern is from the 3rd spot. What will they do to cover that position?

We're banged up on the o-line. They have one of the best pass rushes in the league. Whatever happens there will be a big factor in the game. Can they effectively set up the run? Can they give Drew enough time?

The penalties, drops, and taking care of the ball aside, IMO, the game will be won in the trenches. So everyone, but esp the Oline and Dline, will have to play well.

That said, there are 3 players I’m gonna “keep an eye on”, Sunday:

On O, Josh Hill. He was putting together perhaps his best season as Saint, both blocking and receiving, until he was injured. He’s played since then, but has been relatively quiet. We’ll definitely need his blocking, but look for Drew to catch the Niner D sleepin, and hit him wide open for a big play or 2.

On D, Sheldon Rankins. It’s been a long process in his recovery from that Achilles injury. But after the ATL game, with 3 tackles and a sack, Sheldon said it’s the best he’s felt all year. The Niners love running to the edges, and he may not make the tackle, but Sheldon has the ability to beat his man and disrupt the blocking/ timing on those kinds of plays!

On STs, Deonte Harris. He must FIRST take care of the ball at all times, as we cannot afford to give SF anything cheap! But no doubt, he could be a difference maker in this game!

We’ll see!

The officials.

Not kidding, I've seen so many calls that have cost the Saints the game against the Niners over the years, that is my final answer.

Jimmy Graham hail mary getting called back because of a flop.
Missed call on PT helmet to helmet hit and fumble

Don't even get me get going with the Niners vs Dome Patrol bad calls.

Deonte Harris giving us both excellent field position and big plays in the return department. I have a feeling special teams will play a big role in the game tomorrow.

It will take a full-team-effort kinda game like we had in Seattle.
Great defense, great offense, great special team play, and great game management.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom