Whose Going to be the Next Backup QB to Brees? (2 Viewers)

Whose Going to be the New Brees Backup QB Next Year?

• Kolb

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • Cassel

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • McCoy

Votes: 90 40.9%
  • Other- Please specify

Votes: 91 41.4%

• Total voters
The answer is "Other", and we don't want Mr. Other on the field at any time, because if he sees significant playing time, we're hosed.

Why would folks push for McCoy....the kid hasn't shwn much of anything during his career so far.....

Draft pick makes sense to me. He ain't gonna sniff the field as long as all is right with the world.

Kris

I wonder if we have trolls voting......
Seriously.....McCown?!!!
That kid has been bad and worse every game he has ever played.
Especially after he got hurt in Tampa.
I don't want to think of "what if" ever, but with all the concussion
hoopla, I would rather have a backup that is not this....
On September 18, 2011, McCown was benched after posting the lowest passer rating (1.8) for a starting quarterback in Jaguars history.<sup id="cite_ref-JagsReport_2-0" class="reference">[2]</sup>
IN JAGS HISTORY.....HOW MUCH WORSE CAN IT GET!?
Draft pick or at least someone who can throw a ball to a receiver.

I think it will be Canfield this year. The guy has been in the system for 3 years now. Has shown progress season to season. Will fit in very well into Cap. Signing a vet will eat into the little cap space we have. I think the scouts/front office bring in multiple UDFA to find one for PS/ development. Every year at Oregon State Canfield got better, has shown improvement year to year here. Not saying he is even close to being a quality back up. This season we put all the eggs in the basket on Brees Durability. Look for a higher talent next year when we have a full draft. I say go with the guy that has three years in the playbook.

Dude, I don't care that Canfield knows the system. He SUCKS! He can't even make plays in the preseason.

Considering our cap situation. More than likely going to be a late round draft pick.

Agreed , would not be surprised if the take a chance on Ryan Griffin from Tulane in the later rounds if they don’t think he is going to go undrafted. He is already familiar with a flavor of the system we run with CJ as the Coach over there. would like to see what he can do behind a good oline and he has like 30+ starts under his belt there. could be a nice fit and cap friendly.​

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom