Whose Going to be the Next Backup QB to Brees? (1 Viewer)

Whose Going to be the New Brees Backup QB Next Year?

• Kolb

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • Cassel

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • McCoy

Votes: 90 40.9%
  • Other- Please specify

Votes: 91 41.4%

• Total voters
I wouldn't mind McCoy
Get him now, prepare him, and have him ready in 5 years

Well no, I wouldn't suggest he is the heir apparent to Brees. I don't think anybody in NFL history has even been groomed 5 long years to take over at QB.

just a roster spot who can hopefully come in an win a game or two should something bad happen

I'd really like Fitz. IF not Fitz, then i wouldn't be surprised to see a new draft pick get a shot, who knows. A very outside shot for Canfield, he was abysmal most of the time, but it really depends on what SP sees in him.
Fitz? Yes! Canfield? YIKES!! No thanks.

I like the QB from Duke Sean Renfree. His college coach also coached the Mannings in college

Not sure with the board's love of McCoy. Brittle qb with no arm. I get that we lose our season if Bree's goes down, but why not find a capable qb. Maybe we're planning on drafting one early. Kind of like the pat's strategy. Draft develop trade for a good pick. I wouldn't be completely shocked to see our third or 4th spent on a qb

Here's my list
1) Matt Scott Arizona: Scott Arizona: on the rise. Good pocket awareness good arm and can escape the pocket when needed with adequate speed and good accuracy

2) Landry jones: really rebounded this year. He has all the tools, just really hasn't had a coach to get them to fully come together

3) Nathan Stanley southeastern la: small school product who could really shine under Bree's.

I don't think it's completely out the realm of possibility that we draft a qb. Denver did the se thing with Brock Oswieler, the patriots did it a few times with cassel, hoyer, an mallet
Colt is much like brees in the fact he is a student of the game and has all the intangibles and leadership skills you look for in a qb. He also is fairly mobile and brees was also said to lack arm strength even before his injury in SD. Besides colt had absolutely no offensive weapons to speak of in cleveland. If SP can make a pro bowler out of Tony Romo, he can make a successful qb out of McCoy!!!.... Wouldnt mind Fitz if shaving that disgusting looking beard is part of his contract terms.

th

I think it will be Canfield this year. The guy has been in the system for 3 years now. Has shown progress season to season. Will fit in very well into Cap. Signing a vet will eat into the little cap space we have. I think the scouts/front office bring in multiple UDFA to find one for PS/ development. Every year at Oregon State Canfield got better, has shown improvement year to year here. Not saying he is even close to being a quality back up. This season we put all the eggs in the basket on Brees Durability. Look for a higher talent next year when we have a full draft. I say go with the guy that has three years in the playbook.

Who cares how well you know the playbook if you cant make the reads or throws. We might as well bring in Brunell if we go by this knowing the system logic you guys keep talking about!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom