Whose Going to be the Next Backup QB to Brees? (1 Viewer)

Whose Going to be the New Brees Backup QB Next Year?

• Kolb

Votes: 20 9.1%
  • Cassel

Votes: 19 8.6%
  • McCoy

Votes: 90 40.9%
  • Other- Please specify

Votes: 91 41.4%

• Total voters

Swimmer

Medsamust Saint Fan
Reaction score
With the available veteran QB's beginning to show, who do you think will be behind Brees next year? I have a feeling it's going to be Cassel, but I hop it's McCoy

I think we are in no rush, and actually, I think it is better to wait after the draft when more players will be released.

I hope we don't use one of our draft picks to select one.

I'm thinking McCown is it. Makes some sense both ways

I'd really like Fitz. IF not Fitz, then i wouldn't be surprised to see a new draft pick get a shot, who knows. A very outside shot for Canfield, he was abysmal most of the time, but it really depends on what SP sees in him.

What about ryan fitzpatrick? Or is it patrick fitzryan? I know there is a joke there but he is an ivy school grad so probably smart. Is he worth looking at?

I don't know. But I do know that if we have to rely on him at any for any extensive part of the season, we're screwed.

I see it being a older vet like McCown until someone is drafted.

Fitzpatrick and Kolb are gonna want to compete for a starting job. Other veterans will get released as the season gets closer. I'm sure that's when it will happen. Who knows, maybe Payton has his eyes on some potential undrafted free agents.

They will have three rookies in mini camp and bring in the best cap friendly veteran they can find....... as they usually do.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom