Whose Rating Will Soar At Combine-Workouts? (1 Viewer)

I know Gholston is already a projected top 10 pick, but something about him gives me the feeling that he could be another Mario Williams. I just feel he is going to SOAR to the top after combines, teams are going to go crazy about his "measurables."

I agree and believe he will be the #1 pick.

sorry thats my point. I'd hoped we could get him and a 1st round DT.

I thought he'd been a 2nd round projection before the Sr. Bowl

not anymore

I misunderstood you GZ! I agree totally....it looks like he is a secret no more!

if highsmith gains weight and weighs in in the 230's close to 235, then i would think he would go way up on draftboards

So our draft strategy should reflect this reality. If there are only 8 players worth top 10 pick, then depending on FA, we should either move up, or move down from the 10th spot.

If we fill in our defensive needs mostly in FA, and leave ourselves open....say at the DT position, then moving up for one of the 2 premiere DTs makes sense......if we take care of our front 7 needs in FA (C Williams, L Briggs).....then we should move down from the 10th slot to fill in secondary needs...FS, CBs are plenty in the 15-30 range

check out my recently posted 7 round saints mock, I have a feeling we will agree on a lot of what predicted.

Parcells likes to build D's around big fast OLB's. Gholston could be the pick or else he may want to trade down and get either Harvey or Groves.

DRC, Lavelle Hawkins and Jordy Nelson should all move up a round or 2.

DRC, CB, Tennessee St., has already started down that road and should only confirm it at the combine. I'd love for us to take him at 10 if he has the combine everyone's expecting.

Hawkins, WR, Cal, I had no idea why this guy was considered a mid round pick; every Cal game I saw, this guy was playing like a legit 2nd rounder. He's got soft hands, speed and good moves. Like Steve Smith and Dwayne Jarrett at USC, Hawkins was lost in the shadow of the flashier, more athletic playmaker, DeSean Jackson, but could be a very good pro in his own right, maybe even better than Jackson.

Jordy Nelson, WR, Kansas St., is considered to be a touch on the slow side and has the "p" word ("possession") tied to his name due to his poor 40 time. Uhhh, say what? The guy was a state sprinting champion in the 100, 200, 400 and log jump; this kid can run.

I look for Lawrence Jackson, DE, USC, to move up somewhat. I don't buy this bad 40-time stuff; he's a football player and gets results, regardless of whether or not he had Ellis on that line. I think he could push himself up into the late 1st round, especially with the DE crop being thin after the top.

For RBs, I think that, because there is so much depth at the position this year, I don't see too much movement in the rankings, although I think Matt Forte, Tulane, and Tashard Choice, Georgia Tech, will catch some eyes and, even if the don't become starters right away, if they ever get the chance, will become quality starters. I got to see a lot of Choice over the past few years, primarily because I watched as much of GT as I could, to check out Calvin, but Tashard is a good player in his own right.

Simply based on his athleticism, Quentin Groves, DE, Auburn will get a lot of attention. Some team may bite on him too early, but they may be rewarded big time as a result of it. He has some boom/bust potential to him.

Ben Moffitt, MLB, South Florida, is going to catch someone's eye. He's averaged over 100 tackles in the last 3 seasons at South Florida and has some coverage skills as well, as evidenced by his 4 picks last year. If he does not wow in workouts, then he definitely will in interviews: He's married with a child, he contemplated a full-time commitment to a ministry when he was in high school. He looks to be the kind of guy that, although not a great natural athlete, will do the most with what he's got and every coach loves that kind of moxie. He's a mid-round sleeper.

Beau Bell, I've been on about him for a while. I've never seen him play at UNLV, but his scouting reports are off the charts. He's a big-time hitter; can play OLB or MLB; he's a hard-worker and a leader. I hope we can grab him in the 3rd, but if he tests well, he could be gone in the 2nd.

Shawn Crable... I want him in the 2nd; let's hope his combine isn't good enough to put him out of reach. :hihi:

You always want to keep an eye on guys who were productive in college, so look out for Colt Brennan, QB, Hawaii, and Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon. Dixon was leading the pack in the Heisman race before tearing his ACL, and Brennan re-wrote the record books at Hawaii. They may not be built like Peyton Manning, but they're big enough to play in the pros and have the frames to get bigger.

I hate the combine, whether a player can run fast or jump high really plays a miniscule part in marking a pro athletes success or failure. I think far too much emphasis gets placed on it.

I misunderstood you GZ! I agree totally....it looks like he is a secret no more!

We should take him at #10. This guy will make an instant impact on defense and special teams (kick returner). We can get a MLB (C.Lofton) in the 2nd and address DT in the 3rd (T. Laws). CB is the biggest need and this guy fits S. Payton's profile. Tall, fast, small school, quality character = TAKE HIM!!!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom