Why all the bandwagon rage? (1 Viewer)

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Yeah, a high post-count and old join date are definitely evidence of you being a die-hard fan, but the lack of those things doesn't mean you aren't. It just means that you haven't been on saintsreport.com very long.

At 100% completion, the Final Boss of the Internet is challenged. If the Final Boss of the Internet is defeted, then the poster has won the internet.

The final bad guy being Dr Wily from Megaman. Careful guys. He always comes back to life at least once when you're fighting him, so don't let your guard down!

dr-wily_thumb.gif

Enjoy the wins. Who cares if Random Message Board Person # 873 gave up on the Saints in the first quarter or didn't care about the Saints during the Ditka debacles? How does that diminish your enjoyment of the season?

I don't get it. Let them be the kind of fans they want to be, and stop trying to find reasons to not enjoy a heckuva (TM) ride.

I'm with you. While I am proud to be a long-term, die-hard supporter of the Saints, I say the more on board the bandwagon, the merrier we all can be.

Maybe a psychologist on the board can pinpoint for us the causes of this discontent with "bandwagonners". My theory is that the people who get irritated with people jumping on the bandwagon are, in large part, Saints fans because it makes some statement about themselves to the external world (i.e. they're loyal, hardy, perservering, etc.). As for those of us who don't mind more folks on the bandwagon or actually enjoy having them aboard, well, sometimes an ink blot is just an ink blot, and a game is just a game.....

it can't be sarcasm if he didn't do this: /sarcasm off

Rather see more pics of TexaSaints's avatar.

Text I received from someone at 4:40ET "And the downward spiral begins!"

My response at 7:30ET "Thats one hell of a DOWNWARD spiral, huh?"

His response: "Yeah, you heard me right, its a full on downward spiral. The Aints just got lucky and pulled it out. I put it down in the loss column. Same ole Aints"

-Funny how some folks have NO idea.

Ok, let's run through this just *one* more time:

The larger the post count, the older the join date, and the more positive rep all mean that the poster has a larger e-peen. The larger the e-peen, the more internetz bucks they earn. The more internetz bucks they earn, the closer they get to 100% completion. At 100% completion, the Final Boss of the Internet is challenged. If the Final Boss of the Internet is defeted, then the poster has won the internet.

Upon winning the internet, the ability to figure out scarcasm without visual aids is obtained.

someone gets it

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Yeah, a high post-count and old join date are definitely evidence of you being a die-hard fan,

not really. most older fans don't even know how to use a computer. or, they actually go to the games and aren't home to post 100 messages of "LOL" or "saints suck" or "saints rule"

the more posts you have, the bigger fan you are :shrug:

pretty straightforward

Not true at all... The more posts you have and your join date may make you a bigger fan of this site -- maybe. There is absolutely no correlation to being a bigger fan of the Saints.

My post count is relatively low compared to most. Is it because I'm not a big fan of the Saints? No, it's because I read though the posts and occasionally comment on something. Actually, there's plenty of times I don't post becaue there's not much more to add.

The reason I stumbled across this site was because I was looking for some Saints wallpaper. I stuck around because there's some info that can be found. But I don't feel the need to continually up my post count just to prove I'm a real fan of the Saints.

By your rationale, the buc fans and atlanta fans that have been around for a while on this board are bigger fans than me because they have an older join date and way more posts. And by your rationale, my father isn't a fan at all because he never joined this site -- and therefore has zero posts.

Join date and number of posts are relative to this site only. And as for the number of posts... More posts doesn't even make someone a bigger fan of this site -- more posts means just that some people like to post more than others, nothing more & nothing less. And that should be pretty straight forward.

antipop said:
post count and join date are clear indicators of your fanhood

just sayin

That is simply the stupidest thing I've heard all week. Does Saints report have a 150,000 members??

I didn't even know about Saints report til earlier this season and I've been a Saints fan for 27 years.

There isn't a sign on the dome doors saying "sign up for SaintsReport in order to get your credentials as a fan".

I guess my grandmother who's been a fan for 40+ years and doesn't use the internet isn't a fan either.

I only heard about Saints report hearing Mike D on Collin Cowherds show. I live in Texas. I'm certain I'm as big a fan as anyone else here regardless of post count.

/rant

Sarcasm - Sarcasm is a form of humor that uses sharp, cutting remarks or language intended to mock, wound, or subject to contempt or ridicule, generally saying the opposite of what the statement really is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom