Why am I worried about this game? (1 Viewer)

Saintsfan321

Reaction score
I don't get it. All the reasons point to us owning the 49ers on Sunday. Brees will kill their secondary, Deuce and Reggie will run all over them, we will eat Alex Smith for breakfast and Gore is a wild card but he shouldn't be enough to win the game for them. But I'm still really worried about this game.

I guess it's just carried over from the Haslett days. A game like this, one we all expect to win, would be the one we'd lose. And not just lose, but lose to no namers like Luchey from the Bengals etc.

I think I'm more worried about this game than others because if we lose to the Cowboys or Giants I can say, ok they're both good teams we gave a good effort blah blah, but the 49ers are a team we should easily beat.

Here's to hoping I'm just being too nervous and we'll easily beat the 9ers.

CoolBrees1

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Not to burst your bubble....but we have every reason to expect a fight from the 9'ers...they have a very good front 5 on the O-line and have been opening up holes for Gore to run through...this will definitely be a test for our run defense....Alex Smith is alot better QB than Mike Vick and has two very good receivers....they have a very good run defense...but their secondary is susceptable to our passing game....we should win this game...but it won't be a cake-walk by any means....

Random Fan

Reaction score
Because it's the NFL and not Nebraska playing Prairie View A & M. That and the 49ers are a pretty good football team. I would be shocked if the Saints hold Gore under 100 yards.

Gin-Tilly

A lil help here please!
Reaction score
why is this unexpected? .... LOL! Every week someone is worried about "that" game.

MPar98

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
Because weve been tortured as fans over the years watching teams, the saints should beat, come alive and put up career stats.

Thats probably why....

xtremc5

Reaction score
I guess it's just carried over from the Haslett days. A game like this, one we all expect to win, would be the one we'd lose.
You answered your own question. We expect from past experience with our beloved SAINTS that we lose to easy teams and win against the hard ones. We USED to play down or up to our opponent.

Great Dane

He who dares wins
Reaction score
This is one of the few games where I finally feel relaxed and comfortable. (just like the first Falcons game and last Tampa game). To me this is a "lock of the week". I like th ematch up. I am not disrespecting the 49'rs but who have they beaten away??? I also have no faith in A Smith (I hope we do not knock him out of the game).

If anything the 49'rs are very 1-dimensional.

The Saints will play like men and prove to themselves that they are a play off caliber team. I predict a Saints win!

DMaestro

Sucker Puncher
Reaction score
This game doesn't concern me overmuch. We match up well against them. Plus, we've already laid two eggs at home (three if you count the Bucs near-loss). Being that we're proving to be one of the smarter and more disciplined teams in the league, I don't expect us to play another crap game in the Dome.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus Focus on New Orleans: Why Raiders should be worried about how Saints won opener SR News Page Articles 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints injury report: TE Cook says Michael Thomas will miss Monday’s game SR News Page Articles 0
No fans in Superdome for Week 3 vs. Packers, but Saints 'hopeful' to have fans for Chargers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
CSC Podcast: Saints @ Raiders Game Preview Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Kicking game quality is ace in the hole for Saints Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Michael Thomas injury: Here's what Saints did on 13 snaps without star WR in Buccaneers game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bill N/S ***Burrow's Bengals vs Mayfield's Browns Game Thread*** Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 305
Billgluckman That little trick play at the end of the game.. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 46
gummbo70114 Rewatch Tampa versus Saints game on NFL network at 7 PM central time Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Gentilly504 Over or Under(ratings)for Saints Monday Night Game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 5
Will we see an increased emphasis on the run game? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 4
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Dan in Lafayette Game analysis with T-Bob Hebert & Nick Underhill Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
kansast Game with New Orleans Radio broadcast Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 2
Watching/Reading the recaps from the first game, I'm not sure the Saints were even there. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
3 Takeaways from the New Orleans Saints vs Tampa Bay Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Fleur-de-Links, September 15: More takeaways from Saints week 1 game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints-Bucs draws high ratings for opening week game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus The Eerie Silence of an N.F.L. Stadium Makes the Game Even More for TV SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara SNF ratings for huge Cowboys/Rams game has to ring the alarm bells for the NFL Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 196
Michael Thomas suffers high-ankle injury at the end of Saints vs Bucs game Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Nightshade Retired Saints FB Zach Line still dressing out for game days -- from his couch Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 20
superchuck500 Morstead turns in another brilliant game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 9
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
CowtownSaint This is Still a Game of Emotion Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Saint Kamara The pre-2017 Drew Brees has a 3 interception game on days like today Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 18
Big opening win still isn’t what a Saints game in the Dome is supposed to be Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Super44 Trey Hendrickson; outstanding game. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 37
Andrus Saints stand for National Anthem during first home game SR News Page Articles 0
Good thing we play our next game on a Monday Night Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Payton: “That was as bad of a game as I’ve had as a playcaller.” Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 102
Saint Kamara And that's what the first preseason game looks like Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 7
Saints 17 Buccaneers 7: 2nd half game thread Saints RSS News Feeds 0
N/S 4th and inches, game on the line... Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Saints vs Buccaneers game inactives Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Krodwhodat What game are you looking forward to today other than the Saints? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 21
Bill Analysis ***Official Buccaneers @ Saints Game Day Thread*** Gameday Board 2165
Dan in Lafayette Tailgate Official Saints vs. Bucs Pre-Game Thread Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 128
Need help watching game! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 31
woohoosaint Predict the outcome of the Saints vs Bucs game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 33
woohoosaint Anybody else getting the night before the opening game jitters?! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 15
Andrus Saints Promote 2 From Practice Squad for Buccaneers Game SR News Page Articles 0
Saints add Bennie Fowler and Margus Hunt to game day roster Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Buccaneers elevate two for Sunday’s game at New Orleans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Payton seamed to be caught off guard by no fans for game 3 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 3
Walker: Leonard Fournette gets long-awaited game in Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette Saints not cleared to host fans for Sept. 27 game vs. Packers SR News Page Articles 0
Saints vs. Buccaneers: Game Time, TV, Radio, Online Streaming, Mobile, and Odds Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Bruce Arians: Mike Evans probably will be a game-time decision Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Cantrell no fans for entire September including GB game Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 141