Why are Dyson products so expensive?!?! (1 Viewer)

Is it the Dyson Airwrap? Dang, I want that thing but no way. I can't compare to Dyson but I have the Revlon One-Step Dryer and Volumizer and for less than 60 bucks totally worth it for the blowout it gives.

I mean, I assume the Dyson products are "worth" it but I can't justify it.
No, this is just a hair dryer but I want the air wrap as well!

Interestingly enough, she also said she bought the Revlon dryer w/ built in brush thing (I am assuming it's the same one you have) and says she loves it and rarely uses the Dyson anymore.

We have a Dyson vacuum that we’ve had for 7-8 years. Their products are very well engineered and assembled. We got a really good discount from the Dyson rep who was friends with my wife. We basically paid what the Dyson employees pay and that ended up being about 1/3rd of the price Home Depot was selling the same vacuum for.

We have a Dyson vacuum that we’ve had for 7-8 years. Their products are very well engineered and assembled. We got a really good discount from the Dyson rep who was friends with my wife. We basically paid what the Dyson employees pay and that ended up being about 1/3rd of the price Home Depot was selling the same vacuum for.
Dang! Lucky.

The best Dyson product is the hand dryer. If their vacuums were so much better, why don't you see them in commercial use?

I didn't read replies because this is a subjective thing. Depends on your experience. Our experience has been we bought a dyson vacuum ~10 years ago. At first it was awesome. I would use our old vacuum then go over the floor again with the dyson and fill the canister with stuff the old one missed. Fast forward to 10 years later and evidently the years of st bernard hair have taken its toll. It doesn't clean nearly as good as it used to despite me tearing it apart every few months and cleaning it. We have a cheapo for our camper that I have zero doubts cleans better than our dyson now. I'd say normal everyday use for a person with no pets it will be fantastic for years but if you plan on working it I'd probably save the money.

Some other ideas.
i have owned several sharks (yay! dogs) and would easily buy another... without dogs.

they don't handle 3x 60+ pound dogs very well in the long run. the dyson? a little hair cleaning every other month, runs like a champion.

if it weren't for dogs, i'd gladly continue to buy sharks. to say anything, i have had my dyson 4 years, knock on wood, zero issues. shark? i used to replace at least yearly.

even then, vacuums aside, some of their other inventions have been what other people would call "god sends." if not, i would.

they aren't apple 'like' because they are actually innovative and care about their customers.

I haven't. Have you?

No.

I bought my wife the Dyson hair dryer about five years ago. She didn’t try it at first so I told her how much it was ($399 at the time). She told me that was crazy and I shouldn’t have bought it. Then she tried it and she loves it - it’s the only hair dryer she has used since. :shrug:

We got an older animal from my sil who apparently tried vacuuming her carpet right after shampooing it. As a result, all the venturi tubes were completely compacted with dog hair, carpet fibers, carpet powder, dust and dirt. After taking the thing completely apart, cleaning it out and replacing all the filters it works great. The only problem i have with it is you can't lift the beater off the floor, so it's useless on smaller rugs. The suction is so strong it just pulls the rugs up along with it and bunches them up.

Last edited:
Quality of products is always in the eye of the beholder when it comes to competitive brands like this. For instance, we own a Dyson DC17 that we still use almost daily and we got it pre married days which was before 2009. That is over 11 years of using the same vacuum on a very consistent basis. I have a friend that owned a Shark and crapped out on him recently only after 5 years. So if you asked me which product that I would buy in the future, without hesitation, I would pick Dyson. The money is worth it to me in the long term.

Now, the DC17 is an upright vacuum, but I've heard less than stellar reviews about the Dyson stick vacuums not lasting very long. Particularly the battery packs. Just my two cents

Premium brand. High end marketing. Cool approach to stale products. We have one product - the yellow dyson vacuum. I bet it is coming up on 10 years and just works.

You ever try something nice for the first time and liked it so much that you can’t go back to the cheap stuff? Sometimes thinking it might’ve been better if you never discovered the finer things in life? This might be one of those times.
I dated her. Been chasing that dragon for 30 years since. 😔

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom