Why are Kamara's plays so predictable for defenses? (1 Viewer)

Sumdude34

All-Pro
Reaction score
This to me is the main issue with him right now. Everytime he touches the ball it is on some type of gadget play that the defense already knows is coming. He is best when is out in space but he always has to make 1 or 2 people miss before he can cross the LOS.

How? Why? This exact same thing happened to Sproles in his last 2 seasons here. The defenses figured out his packages and he was bascially an automatic negative play every time.

Bc if Kamara makes the first guy miss, then it can be a huge gain, if not a TD. Only problem is that Niners defense is not only fast, but they have great recognition, and are sure tacklers for the most part

Bc if Kamara makes the first guy miss, then it can be a huge gain, if not a TD. Only problem is that Niners defense is not only fast, but they have great recognition, and are sure tacklers for the most part
I see your point but, he doesn’t make the first guy miss anymore. Not just the 9ers, against most teams. I see it, or at least it seems that way to me, that he just isn’t the same Kamara we had his first year here. Heck, he’s seemed to regress since then but maybe that’s just me, idk. He never got tackled one on one, but now it’s like he gets tripped up too easily. Only he knows what’s going on with himself so we can speculate all we want but man is still in a Saints uni so he needs to perform better or just give Murray the ball more.

They have learned to put guys in the flats when they know watching the alignment that it will be a toss. This happened since after the bye.
About the inside runs, I think it’s mostly play design and OL faults, there are not lots of holes to run into.
Kamara started the year good, and he was good in 18 as he was in 17. He’s less juky now, of course. I don’t know if it’s the injury or the the weight he put up.

This to me is the main issue with him right now. Everytime he touches the ball it is on some type of gadget play that the defense already knows is coming. He is best when is out in space but he always has to make 1 or 2 people miss before he can cross the LOS.

How? Why? This exact same thing happened to Sproles in his last 2 seasons here. The defenses figured out his packages and he was bascially an automatic negative play every time.

They are game planning to do so. We have often said that you have to choose which player you're going to take away when playing the Saints and teams are choosing not to let Kamara beat them.

Because most of Kamara's damage is done on outside runs, passes to the flats or screens. It's become too predictable and all of the up defenders key on him when he's in the backfield. If the defense can run with him like San Fran did them it really limits his production. We really need to get back to running the ball inside more with both backs. We have the line for it, we need to make use of it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom