Why are people like this? (3 Viewers)

I agree with you that everyone is entitled to their belief. It's when they try to force their belief on others, whether they want it or not, that drives people to look down on them. My sister is very religious, I'm not, I still love her but she also doesn't say that I have to pray with her in order to eat her casserole either.
That knife cuts both directions. Isn't calling someone a hateful bigot forcing their own beliefs on them?

Not if they are a hateful bigot.
There's a definition that goes with that and I would say many times that definition applies to both sides. I guess my main point is just because someone is against what you believe in that doesn't make them a hateful bigot. It makes them different than you. Truth be told I don't really care too much either way...not even sure why I posted on this subject anyhow haha.

There's a definition that goes with that and I would say many times that definition applies to both sides. I guess my main point is just because someone is against what you believe in that doesn't make them a hateful bigot. It makes them different than you. Truth be told I don't really care too much either way...not even sure why I posted on this subject anyhow haha.
I think we are on the same page here. I think everyone is entitled to their beliefs. Just don't try to force them on me or mine. And if it's a "belief", don't try and shove it down my kids throats in the guise of teaching.

I think we are on the same page here. I think everyone is entitled to their beliefs. Just don't try to force them on me or mine. And if it's a "belief", don't try and shove it down my kids throats in the guise of teaching.
If you think about it your beliefs are mostly from your experiences over the course of your life. I don't want to poison my kids with that. I let them form their own opinions and beliefs. Not sure there's a way to do that completely but I have always encouraged them to form their own opinions on things. Especially when it comes to their peers. Never follow the crowd just for the sake of fitting in a group.

Meh, if I win the lottery, ain't no one (yeah, its a double negative, :hihi: ) gonna know, not even my kids.

Just me and my wife and that's it.
I’ll find some way to where even the wife doesn’t know

Really?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom