Why are these Saints so darn good? (1 Viewer)

Why are the Saints so Darn Good?

• Overall Offensive Play

Votes: 38 23.2%
  • Overall Defensive Play

Votes: 64 39.0%
  • Special Teams Play (ie Field Position)

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • Offseason Acquisitions (ie Free Agents signed)

Votes: 44 26.8%
  • Offensive play calling (mixing Run vs. Pass)

Votes: 39 23.8%
  • Defensive play calling (blitz vs zone/man coverage)

Votes: 43 26.2%
  • Overall Team Unity (humbleness and unselfishness)

Votes: 82 50.0%
  • Other...Please post your suggestion and reason

Votes: 22 13.4%

• Total voters

LubDemSaints

I Bleed Black and Gold
Reaction score
I have consolidated a lot of opinions into different categories and have included them into this poll. I have tried not to individualize it too much. Also, I tried not single out anyone person or player, but tried to keep it as a WHOLE team perspective.

All of the above ....

PLUS the positive attitude of team leaders like Brees and Vilma, player confidence in their coaches, and the installation of a winners mentality type "swgger".

Last edited:
I went with overall defensive play.

Saints would be pretty dang good just based on the offense, but to answer your question as to why we are "so darned good", which I assume means a much level of "goodness", then it's all about the defense.

When I heard we were getting Gregg Williams in the offseason, this is what I envisioned. The offense getting a short field (see Giants game just before the half, criticial turnover caused by the D), and defensive touchdowns (see the Eagles and Jets games with pick 6s that were criticial early on in those games).

It's all about the D, my friends. This is what has clearly escalated an uber talented offensive team into a Super Bowl contending team.

Sorry my first post with a poll so took me a while to build.

My choice is overall Team Unity.

I speak from a Military back ground and when u have guys that will take a bullet for you to get the overall objective completed you operate more effectively and efficiently.
Granted this is Football but I think u see my point.
I liked the Team building exercises they did prior to the season starting. Really helps build a TEAM MORALE vice individualization.

All of the above ....

PLUS the positive attitude of team leaders like Brees and Vilma, player confidence in their coaches, and the installation of a winners mentality type "swgger".

Agreed, well said. Wasn't real sure how to encompass them all so I used team unity. But I like your choice of "All the Above" as well.

other

i think that overall attitude is the main factor

I hear from Connecticut that it's just because every team we play seems to suck, and we are just lucky.

My choice was overall team unity. This Saints team seems different than many teams. They don't seem to have any primadonnas on the team. They all seem humble & with the mindset of let's take it one game at a time. 5-0 only guarantees 5-11.
Geaux Saints!!!

They're smart, they're talented, they've been together for 3 years, they have
worked hard, and they feel like this is their year.

I almost went with unselfishness and team unity, but I had to go with other b/c there was no choice for "balance". Adding a physical defense and an efficient run game to what was already a potent passing offense has made this Saints team a consistent force. I'd like to think that the rest of the season will bare this out.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom