Why are we going away from the running attack? (1 Viewer)

Lots stuff to go around offensively especially the running game… it seems like when we do get it moving our guys fumble it - this leads to less trust to run it more.

But, overall our offense is just… dull for lack of a better word. I would scheme around AK to get him in space and then from there i would work it to other players which should open up once you get AK in space and create that constant threat. He had a little bit of room on the long run in the beginning of the game. Thats about it, from there our offense was easy to read and no ability to deal with the blitz. Ive never seen a team / qb / oc staff deal with the blitz worst than today.

He’s a back who likes to read and react just when the defense meeting you at the line not much to read he’s a open field guy we need a run you over type back
I agree, been saying the same. Was told this isn’t Madden. Lol

Did you see how many times we ran into a heavy box on first and second down? Now and then the backs broke one but the majority of the time they were getting hit in the backfield.
TIME for some misdirection run plays! Of course , having Deonte Harty helps that style of play quite a bit! Thing is? We've got the horses to get it done, we have good blocking TEs and , (when healthy) a TE , in Taysom Hill, who can be a surprise for whomever he turns out to be! He's a BEAST when he's allowed to do his thing!
I'm not pretending I know more than DA or PC but there are many "issues" I have with how long we're waiting on JW to show up & show out ON The Field! He's learned how to talk the correct talk in interviews which gave us ALL hope he had learned a big lesson; but that hasn't helped his comprehension of blitz direction, ability of shedding the grabbers and the flailing around his legs and where Drew just knew HOW to move the slightest bit to escape and find his passing lanes, all while KNOWING where his receivers are or going to be and throw them OPEN~! This is what a HOF'er QB does and seems JW would have picked up on some of that. But he didn't and seems he has slipped back or maybe always has been his own Jameis Winston who, I guess, looked great enough in Camp where the bullets are NOT flying and "supposedly" beat out Taysom, who has PROVEN himself , at the very LEAST an NFL caliber PLAYER!

While that dog can lie, let's have some Taysom and Andy working the field together and take this team as far as these talented players can go!

Gotta say; Our "Defense" , while not complete unit on the field, seems to be lacking the FIRE! Where is the Honey Badger's # being called or breaking up passes to all of those Ints. it felt as though he'd have?

A LOT going on which seems "off" 2 me! I need to go now and cut some grass!@

This offense reminds me alot of the 2020 LSU offense after Brady and Burrow left.

Cute response, but he's criticized plenty.

There are just two groups. Those criticizing Jameis along with other facets of the game (coaching, fumbles, missed FGs), and those who refuse to criticize anyone BUT Jameis.
More than just two then. There’s a group who refuses to criticize him at all, and implies it’s about more than just football when anyone does criticize him.

Kamara with all his balance training sure goes down easy on breakable tackles. A lot of game plans are built on stopping Alvin so it's up to our game plan to change that. If I were Pete, I'd run the 2 minute offense exclusively to start games. Then go from there.

We’ve been bad at blocking inside runs all year. Doesn’t help that even when teams expect pass they’re blitzing anyway so the line is always overwhelmed. This is where the quick pass plays worked in the past, but, well you’ve seen us play so far. It’s just ain’t working consistently.
I noticed that we don't do too much of that. What do you call it blitzing? What's that?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom