Why are we handcuffing Ryan by allowing Vitt to remain as LB coach? (1 Viewer)

ELLIASJWILLIAMS

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
becaue u need an Inside and Outside LB coach.

From my point of view. We retained Vitt, we still have to sign an Assistant DL coach..and we Hired a DB coach.

Appears that Ryan will be working with the OLB's

So there u have it.

Reaction score
Vitt deserves to be here based on his leadership and how he handled himself and everything else this past season. I don't think he has as much to do with the lb's aside from the title. He's an emotional spark plug and I personally want him here.

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Vitt deserves to be here based on his leadership and how he handled himself and everything else this past season. I don't think he has as much to do with the lb's aside from the title. He's an emotional spark plug and I personally want him here.
Then Asst HC is enough. Get someone with a track record developing linebackers who has experience in the 3-4.

If his value is motivational, great. But he has been a constant in 7 seasons of BAD LB play, culminating in the worst defense of all time. No reason he and Johnson should be foisted on Ryan.

bearze34

The Listener
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
Just doesn't make sense.

7 seasons of very poor coaching says he should go
Because it is obvious that the coaches think that the poor LB play is from bad players and not bad coaching. By the time you get to the NFL coaching is a small part of what happens. Most of it is talent, work ethic, etc. Unfortunately, we have found little on the defensive side in years.

Shotgunred

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just doesn't make sense.

7 seasons of very poor coaching says he should go

Name me one good line backer that Joe Vitt has had to work with. I think he did fantastic job considering what he had to work with. He made players like Shanle and Fujita look respectable. Vilma's decline in play is not due to him, it's injuries and father time. This was the first year that he was supposed to have a decent lb group, and Spags and the bounty bs screwed it for him.

TruSaint

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
demarcus ware said rob ryan is a great olb coach, hopefully he speaks the truth.

DaDomePatrol

Reaction score
How all the sudden is he such a bad coach? Is anyone here actually there learning from him? I think he has actually done a damn good job. Vilma became basically a pro bowler sure he was good but deserves some credit for transitioning him back. What talent has he really had to work with? I think he did a pretty good job with a decent talent in Dunbar. Casillas has come from nohere to a solid LB. Majority of the guys he has been given have panned out. Also turned a nobody in Shanle into a very steady and decent LB. Fujita also came from basically nowhere into a fan favorite and had some very good seasons. I don't really see where people get all of this about Vitt. From what I know he is a very smart and motivating coach. I'm sure Sean P doesn't associate himself with stupid assistant HCs who can't even coach a position. Vitt should have no problem coaching a 3-4 he is a football coach and he can teach anything just like anyone can learn. I think he has done a very good job with his LB core with what he has actually been given and that's not much but Vilma. If he gets the credit for guys not panning out then he gets the credit for guys playing well beyond there talent or previous play.

JackDiesel

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why in the heck is this the excuse for keeping everyone that doesn't do their job? He's not doing his job but he's a great leader so we should keep them.

Maybe Vitt was just out of place in the 4-3 defense and going to the 3-4 will make him better.

Assistant HC only.

meily

More than 15K posts served!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry but, the all the linebackers coaches do the same...its the players ability thats been limiting the production from the position..Ray Lewis wasnt Ray Lewis because of his linebacker coach...Ray Lewis was Ray Lewis because of his talent and work eithic...he got his Linebacker Coaches promotions.

Reaction score
Sorry but, the all the linebackers coaches do the same...its the players ability thats been limiting the production from the position..Ray Lewis wasnt Ray Lewis because of his linebacker coach...Ray Lewis was Ray Lewis because of his talent and work eithic...he got his Linebacker Coaches promotions.

If what you are claiming is true, why bother with having position coaches?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom