Why are we paying Nick Easton (1 Viewer)

rvrelan

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Sticky Post
The Saints are paying this guy “starting center” money. I thought we brought him in so he could either start at C or be a utility backup at G. I saw he was on inactive list and I guess he has been but I can’t understand why the organization is paying a guy that much money to be inactive. If Will Clapp is that much better (heaven forbid with the way Clapp got manhandled yesterday) why did we gv him all that money in the first place (4 yrs 22.5 mil)

blackadder

...from a chicken, bugwit
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Played well. Against vaia and suh. No sacks no flags. Bye peat.
Dunno if Easton would be better than Peat long term but good to have depth, if they scheme within his strengths.

Peat when healthy is a good Guard. Maybe not elite, but pretty good.

He has some off games but he always gets hurt and is hobbled for weeks on end, which hurts his game.

sfidc3

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
He played very well today....hopefully he continues to...i so want clapp to succeed but Easton is clearly the better player right now....

Belfast Saint

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I did say during early preseason that Easton looked good enough to make Peat expendable. He had a few poor plays later on in pre-season but he looked good enough today again. Hopefully it continues.

BiloxiSaint1

Veteran Starter
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
So why the heck was he inactive?
I believe he was inactive because Peat also serves as the backup tackle. I don't think game to game, as backup, Easton would be doing Clapps role if Peat is starting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Headlines

Top Bottom