Why are we paying Nick Easton (1 Viewer)

I did say during early preseason that Easton looked good enough to make Peat expendable. He had a few poor plays later on in pre-season but he looked good enough today again. Hopefully it continues.

So why the heck was he inactive?

I believe he was inactive because Peat also serves as the backup tackle. I don't think game to game, as backup, Easton would be doing Clapps role if Peat is starting.

Easton Played BETTER than Peat.

Simple as that!

Cut it out. He filled in admirably...1 game vs a 4yr career with a pro bowl under his belt.

People really hate this guy and I don't get it....drafted as a tackle and was best available pick at the time....athletic enough to move inside and because he's not a starting tackle he somehow us a bad draft pick....but look who our tackles are

Cut it out. He filled in admirably...1 game vs a 4yr career with a pro bowl under his belt.

People really hate this guy and I don't get it....drafted as a tackle and was best available pick at the time....athletic enough to move inside and because he's not a starting tackle he somehow us a bad draft pick....but look who our tackles are

I don't hate the guy. He certainly isn't a bust but he also isn't worth re-signing to the amount it's gonna take when we have other young players who are better @ their respective positions with contract renewals coming up

Peats value isn’t just as a Guard, he’s our backup Tackle and with a tackle that misses game like Armstead, that’s a valuable skill set to have. For us to let Pear walk, we’ll need to fill that hole, imo.

We did that last year with a vet minimum contract. Shouldn't be that difficult, he's not exactly a good tackle. If you're going to have a dropoff, Peat at least gave you the advantage of a roster spot. Not worth paying him 10mil though. If he's willing to sign for 5 or 6 mil, then it's worth thinking about.

His health issues give me pause regardless.

Zach and Deuce commented at the end that they never had to point out any missed blocks or assignments by Easton today.
I’m beginning to suspect that the front office people may know a bit more about the team and players than they get credit for. Possibly even more than random posters on a sports fan site.

I didn’t like the Peat pick at the time and he’s been about what I expected. Was too high of a pick to be a guard. I remember saying after he was drafted that Lael Collins would be better and the Cowboys got him for free.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom