Why Are We so Angry? (1 Viewer)

We do have a problem with bad drivers in this country and we will continue to have this problem until the courts/gov. decides to get serious.

what would this look like?
community service and taking license away instead of fines . Most people would stop speeding if they had to spend their weekends picking up trash on the highway or some other job. Last time I checked in 2018 there were over 36,000 traffic deaths in the U.S. I can only image the monetary damage caused each year due to accidents.

community service and taking license away instead of fines . Most people would stop speeding if they had to spend their weekends picking up trash on the highway or some other job. Last time I checked in 2018 there were over 36,000 traffic deaths in the U.S. I can only image the monetary damage caused each year due to accidents.
cool
i can get behind the community service - i think sweat equity is something we need to put more stock into
not sure about taking away license - without reliable mass transit, that's just too burdensome for those who need to drive for work

AND OF COURSE, we see too many police depts who abuse the fine process to cover budget holes - there would need to be standards in place to make sure municipalities weren't just looking for free labor
and also EVERYBODY needs to be held accountable - no way for rich people to buy their way out

Squeeze an orange and you get orange juice. Every time.
Same for a lemon, or a lime.

Squeeze a person filled with anger and resentment and you get violence. As the political pot heats up, people get worked up and when they get stressed, or squeezed, they emit vile behavior.

Squeeze an orange and you get orange juice. Every time.
Same for a lemon, or a lime.

Squeeze a person filled with anger and resentment and you get violence. As the political pot heats up, people get worked up and when they get stressed, or squeezed, they emit vile behavior.

so people are made of anger and resentment?

I had my own little road rage incident this morning. Stopped by Whole Foods on my way to work to get something. Get in my car to leave the store parking lot and there is a family of 5: parents, a couple teenagers and probably a pre-teen. They are walking 5 wide across the drive way to get out of the parking lot (the parking lot is very small and one way only due to the small size). The mom and one of the daughters even turn around and see me right behind them and look right at me, turn back around and keep walking 5 wide at a snails pace. No attempt what so ever to move over to the side or get out of the way. Just keep walking straight down the driveway holding up traffic. So I laid on the horn and shouted for them to get the fork out of the way (yes, my windows were down).

I had my own little road rage incident this morning. Stopped by Whole Foods on my way to work to get something. Get in my car to leave the store parking lot and there is a family of 5: parents, a couple teenagers and probably a pre-teen. They are walking 5 wide across the drive way to get out of the parking lot (the parking lot is very small and one way only due to the small size). The mom and one of the daughters even turn around and see me right behind them and look right at me, turn back around and keep walking 5 wide at a snails pace. No attempt what so ever to move over to the side or get out of the way. Just keep walking straight down the driveway holding up traffic. So I laid on the horn and shouted for them to get the fork out of the way (yes, my windows were down).
Yeah....that's annoying. I run into this stuff alot. I told my kids there must be a Facebook group dedicated to my whereabouts so they can make sure one of them is in front of me at all times. People dragging along in front of me at all times, stopping in doorways to chat, and every single time I go into a gas station the person in front of me is buying lottery tickets. That's my day out in public every time I go.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom