Why aren't we all voting every day for Rickey Jackson to the HOF? (1 Viewer)

Jackson

Very Banned
Reaction score
Guys,

The NFL Hall of Fame is allowing fans to vote for the first time ever for which players THEY'D like to see get into the hall of fame.

This is our chance to make a statement about the 2nd greatest Saint of all time - Rickey Jackson.

Please vote every day - this is a NEW setup and most people are jaded on these online polls so we can really make an impact. If every daily poster on this site voted for Rickey (and Sam Mills and Pat Swilling for that matter) every day, he'd finish in the top 10 easily.

Please consider helping out Rickey. He deserves it! Let's make an impact. I'm brand new here but this is the exact type of situation where an online fan community is at its best!

http://www.fanschoice.com/?mscssid=...3o200B3AA65ADC561E6D99015E159248E9544A0926420

114615_feature.jpg

Honestly, the Ricky Jackson-for-Hall-of-Fame poll should be stickied up top or repeatedly pumped. I can't think of a more clear reason for a fan forum to exist then for an instance like this.

Voted!
At the top right of the list of candidates on the voting page, you can narrow things down by the team they played for, which makes it easier to find them.

I voted (again)
However, bear in mind this has no real bearing on the actual HoF voting.

It really ticks me off that we as fans are having to do this to get Rickey recognized. The fact that Tippet got in last year and Rickey has not even been named a finalist makes me think the whole process is a joke.

The truth of the matter is that Rickey was on a bad TEAM. He was one of the best LBers on arguably the best LB corps ever, but they didn't win anything with this team. I realize it's unfair, but it is what it is. He came into a team already built to win.

Does he still owe money for child support, or is he still a "dead beat"

At the moment, the FHoF is run by the good folks in Ohio, & they don't neccessarly take our views, the fans, into account when placing ppl in, that may change in the future as the league is working with the folks in Canton, to allow fans to vote & those votes to have an impact. At the moment, it really doesn't matter how many papers we sign, but hopefully that will change soon.

Because the web site is a hideous pile of overstuffed bloatware that takes longer to load than Rickey Jackson's career lasted?

It would be quicker, and less annoying, to swim the Atlantic, walk to Canton, knock on the door, ask the guy who opens it if Rickey could please be admitted to the HOF - and be told "No. We changed the rules, and its Falcons only."
:smilielol:I thought the same thing. I couldn't even figure out *how* to vote in the short amount of time it took for that website to crash my browser.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom