Why Aren't You a Muslim? (1 Viewer)

And yet science can't answer the most basic question of all - How and why did it all start ??

It's the chicken and the egg analogy

For those who are saying "Big Bang" - Well where did the mass come from ?
For those who say that the universe exists in a series of contraction and expansions - Where and why did it all start ?
Every theory suggested by man leads to yet another series of questions !

For an alternate way of looking at this whole thing, I would recommend that you read a short story written by Isaac Asimov called "The Last Question"

And yet science can't answer the most basic question of all - How and why did it all start ??

It's the chicken and the egg analogy

For those who are saying "Big Bang" - Well where did the mass come from?
CANNOT or HAS NOT (yet)?

'Where did we come from'?....okay, but why is this question important and how do dark age fables answer the question better than physical science

For an alternate way of looking at this whole thing, I would recommend that you read a short story written by Isaac Asimov called "The Last Question"

An excuse to read some Asimov? Sure thing, I'll get right on it. :)

Here's a link I found to the text...http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

Finished reading it. Wow, thanks for the tip. Great story, I loved it. Not sure how I didn't know about it before, I love that kind of stuff.

Here is the Short answer of it....to be a Muslim you would have to renounce Christianity because Muslim revelation is neither complementary or consistent with Jesus' Revelation.

Jesus warned of false prophets and emphasized Himself as the Way of transformation and Salvation as a regenerate experience and not as a reward for following a group of rules. Jesus healed, delivered and died for mankind...Claimed to have the power to call legion's of Angels to deliver himself but chose rather to die for the Sins of Man. Muhammad on the other hand got revelation of multiple wives after his first wife and financier died. Muhammad ended up having multiple wives taking one as young as 8. Muhammad endorsed to deception in regard to ones enemies and mass executed those who would not abide by his rule.

Jesus said His kingdom was the Kingdom of God and his servant's didn't fight because his kingdom was not part of this world whereas Muhammad took up the sword as many misguided people have in order to expand their kingdoms "In the Name of God". Jesus is to Christianity Healer, Saviour, Redeemer, The very essence that inhabits a true Christian and the ONLY thing of value in Christianity. Muhammad was at times a mass executioner...had Multi-wives (as metioned) extorted taxes as a penalty for the "infidel" to live among them, set things up so that an "infidel", a non-Muslim would never be in a place of authority above a Muslim, He also after the Slaughter of enemies (sometimes after they surrendered) re-instituted the taking of the "infidel's wives" something that seems very inconsistent with Jesus and the New Covenant.

Islam and Christianity are like oil and water...except they both agree on SOME morally right or wrong behaviors.

Here is the Short answer of it....to be a Muslim you would have to renounce Christianity because Muslim revelation is neither complementary or consistent with Jesus' Revelation. {snip}

Either you missed the point of the thread, or the rest of us did. I'm willing to entertain the idea that the latter is true.

The short answer was not short.

Nor was it an answer.

A Christian, a Muslim, and an atheist walk into a bar.

Muslim: I'm leaving. This is a bar. Alcohol is evil.
Christian: You're evil. Muhammad had an 8-year old wife, you child molester.
Muslim: You killed us by the thousands in the crusades!
Christian: You make terrorists! Your religion is all about war!
Muslim: You know nothing about my faith!
Christian: You know nothing of mine!
Atheist: I'll have a beer please.

Moral of the story: Sometimes it's just the easiest option.

An excuse to read some Asimov? Sure thing, I'll get right on it. :)

Here's a link I found to the text...http://www.multivax.com/last_question.html

Finished reading it. Wow, thanks for the tip. Great story, I loved it. Not sure how I didn't know about it before, I love that kind of stuff.

Well I have been collecting Asimov for +35 years (and everything else from the golden Age of SF - I have +5000 books, and several complete seasons of Amazing Stories and Astounding/Analog). Not really into Fantasy but I love hardcore SF.. Another SF story that leans on Religions is Clarks "Childhoods End" but you probably know that one.

To me faith is not a question about fear of what happens if I don't believe, because to me God stands for unconditional love and forgivness (I DO know not all Christians see it this way) and that he will always look out for me. What he do ask of me is that I treat everyone I meet, regardless of faith and place in life, with the same respect and compassion I would show Him. Very simple really, but also very personal. What a lot of my friends finds hard to understand is that even though my educational and Professional background is in Science and IT and my other big interest - aside from Saints football, is SF, to me God is as real as the picture on my wall.

"In view of such harmony in the cosmos which I, with my limited human mind, am able to recognize, there are yet people who say there is no God."

I guess Einstein was among your mindless sheep.

Albert completely rejected the idea of a personal God.

First, is that quote attributed to Einstein or are you paraphrasing him? It's confusing to quote a man and then to use quotes as to paraphrase in the same sentences without clarifying.

Second, he stated the "harmony in the cosmos" as a sign of order, a sign of creation. He didn't believe in a personal God as I do, but my point was that you've been saying the idea of God and religion is all made up for the sheep to follow, and I'm refuting that point.

Albert completely rejected the idea of a personal God.

Yes. Already covered.

He doesn't show up on camera. Come on, prove to me he doesn't exist.

Now you're just adding little stipulations to it after I debunk the scenario. I have a secret camera that can film things that won't allow themselves to be filmed. It shows me that the dragon doesn't exist. Prove to me I don't have this camera. :hihi:

Now you're just adding little stipulations to it after I debunk the scenario. I have a secret camera that can film things that won't allow themselves to be filmed. It shows me that the dragon doesn't exist. Prove to me I don't have this camera. :hihi:

You've done a very fine job of proving my point.:9:

I've gotta add this too: The Dragon works in mysterious ways.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom