Why Aren't You a Muslim? (1 Viewer)

We exist for the same reasont that everything else exists. It's all one big happenstance.

We simply evolved into what we are today. We happen to grow and thrive here.

I see what you're saying and respect it.

But from my perspective it takes a lot more faith to not believe than to believe in a God, or at least a higher power. There is too many things perfect for life to be created that just a "fluke" is responsible, imho.

All the cool things I have surrounded myself with like cars, clothes, electronics, were made by a person on this earth. So from my perspective the coolest and most amazing thing of all, life, simply has to come from some sort of intelligence.

I just think it's more realistic to believe in the easter bunny than to not believe in GOD(or at the very least some kind of higher power)

But I respect what others believe though. To each his own. We'll all find out who is correct when we die.

There is too many things perfect for life to be created that just a "fluke" is responsible, imho.
3/4 of the earth is covered in water.
Of that 1/4 remaining, only about 25% is actually hospitable (outside of civilization luxuries such as heat and plumbing)....we're the only known life form existing in our galaxy.

If life originated from something "intelligent"..........he didn't read the instruction manual because a lot of **** is broke
It really isn't that "perfect" as most of the 'experiments' (all other matter) has failed

Of that 1/4 remaining, only about 25% is actually hospitable (outside of civilization luxuries such as heat and plumbing)....we're the only known life form existing in our galaxy.

If life originated from something "intelligent"..........he didn't read the instruction manual because a lot of **** is broke
It really isn't that "perfect" as most of the 'experiments' (all other matter) has failed
Wanting more is just being greedy, haha.

I never understood the rationale that there must be a god, because look at all this beautiful creation!

Let me start from scratch, I could come up with a much better design for Earth, and that's not even starting on the rest of the cosmos. For one thing, there wouldn't be just one. And it would all be habitable and beautiful, with a perfect climate and never, ever any snow. If you're going to create something, and you're omnipotent, why not do a little better job?

Oh, wait, he did that but then she ate an apple and he gave us Earth as a punishment. Seems there's an explanation for everything.

And people of "no faith" act like we are sheep believing in made up purple dragons. :idunno:

As I mentioned in one of my previous posts, we are all in the same boat.

No.

Because "people of faith" take that second option and embellish the ever-loving-hell out of it until it's just a weird, silly superstition.

It's a long way from "Event that started the Universe" to "Shrimp-hating homophobe with a favorite tribe of humans and a whole set of nonsensical rules to follow who makes talking snakes, talking donkeys and amphibian precipitation. Oh, and PS: He doesn't like grain as a sacrifice and wants us all to vote Republican."

I just can't believe that everything sprang from nothing without someone causing it. I don't care what scientists theorize, they cannot 100 percent explain how the universe came to be. It's impossible. Easiest explanation is that a being with God-like powers created everything. How? :idunno: But everything from nothing? How do you explain that?
However, where did god come from? Now, you're right back where you started.

So essentially we come down to two choices.
1) God has always existed and in some way shaped the universe.
2) Universe has just always existed and continuously evolved into what we have today.

Why does one seem any more logical than the other?

Which is more complex - God or the universe? I would think the simpler one is more likely to just exist.

amphibian precipitation

That means raining frogs! I knew college would pay off!!!

Just for laughs...
CREATE-WORLD-FOR-HUMANS-70-SALT-WATER.jpg

Wow, still going eh? lol. Ok, cool.

Look upon ALL topics and threads like these, your damned if you do and damned if you don't. People have thrown in thoughts of science ( which most of the points have been wrong) and others have been trying to speak out some wisdom for ya.

Everyone talks about people from the past in science but they are dead and were less advanced in techology than what we have today, so we have the best scientist of all time today and tomorrow he will grow stronger the name is, ''Technology''.

Hawkings for example said he '' figured out how the galaxy works in 3 weeks a room '', really? That made me laugh.

People that don't believe dislike believers.

People that believe dislikes non-believers.

We are in a era now when so much science is going on, it's much easier to believe more in science than a God.

I know science and it is claimed that the universe was dark then just exploded, period.
No one knows why, the can say they do, but they don't we never will know either.

One of my friends is a pastor and I tell him this and I get him everytime with silence.

If we spent as much time on self reflection and making ourselves better people as we did on debating politics and religion. This world would be a better place.

The reason I believe in God are from the things that still have people just in baffles. I'll give you yet another example you can do the research on your own if you want to.

Puma Punku has ancient granite that can ONLY be cut with diamond techology. The cuts are fine and shows use of machined diamond technology. Said to be created around 500 B.C. and some weigh in excess of 800 tons. They have been tested. These ruins are probably one of the most perfect examples of how science sometimes chooses what it shows the public.

People in 500 B.C. could not do this let's be real here. No thoery can back this up so they leave it be and barely talk about it.

My point is it doesn't matter it if was Aliens that brought forth some sort of knowledge to us, or God, it all comes down to you and what you choose to believe in. But if your going to believe in something, learn about it before your quote scriptures from a book, and claim you know everything.

I believe in a divine higher intelligence, because some of the most important subjects we need answers to have not even been close to being answered.

We will all get the chance to find out when we die, and if there is nothing who are we going to complain to? The maggots crawling through the voids that used to be our eyes?

Believe in your self first, then the rest will follow.

I see what you're saying and respect it.

But from my perspective it takes a lot more faith to not believe than to believe in a God, or at least a higher power. There is too many things perfect for life to be created that just a "fluke" is responsible, imho.

All the cool things I have surrounded myself with like cars, clothes, electronics, were made by a person on this earth. So from my perspective the coolest and most amazing thing of all, life, simply has to come from some sort of intelligence.

I just think it's more realistic to believe in the easter bunny than to not believe in GOD(or at the very least some kind of higher power)

But I respect what others believe though. To each his own. We'll all find out who is correct when we die.

We won't find out anything, because we'll be dead. Remember what it was like before you were born...? No? Exactly.

what ever you said about technology and wisdom and science doesn't make sense.

So did you read hawkings theory of how the galaxy works? or what?

as someone who doesn't believe, the only people I dislike are prejudice people and the falcons. Simple as that.

Science doesn't say the universe "exploded" that is a common misconception about the "big bang" it was actually more like a "small balloon inflating".

you are right. We are in an era where science can flourish without being persecuted for actually figuring out how stuff works rather than just accepting, "God made it that way, because I said so, and if you question my authority we will wipe you off the earth." And it sheds light on many things. Either way both sets of non/believers use the evidence as proof that god does/doesn't exists.

Then you start babbling about some ancient granit from 500 BC.. Humans did amazing things throughout our history. We built pyramids.. In totally different parts of the world. Places that had ZERO connection to each other. You ever see how those are built?

Im curious of the most important answers we need to answer. That whole old testament "kill people that don't believe like us" thing is kinda holding us back..

And finally who says we can't debate about different topics and still be morally astute people?

what ever you said about technology and wisdom and science doesn't make sense.

So did you read hawkings theory of how the galaxy works? or what?

as someone who doesn't believe, the only people I dislike are prejudice people and the falcons. Simple as that.

Science doesn't say the universe "exploded" that is a common misconception about the "big bang" it was actually more like a "small balloon inflating".

you are right. We are in an era where science can flourish without being persecuted for actually figuring out how stuff works rather than just accepting, "God made it that way, because I said so, and if you question my authority we will wipe you off the earth." And it sheds light on many things. Either way both sets of non/believers use the evidence as proof that god does/doesn't exists.

Then you start babbling about some ancient granit from 500 BC.. Humans did amazing things throughout our history. We built pyramids.. In totally different parts of the world. Places that had ZERO connection to each other. You ever see how those are built?

Im curious of the most important answers we need to answer. That whole old testament "kill people that don't believe like us" thing is kinda holding us back..

And finally who says we can't debate about different topics and still be morally astute people?

See this is my point. You choose to pick out the peices you feel you can disagree with cause your own personal thoughts which is cool but you just automatically throw out what I was trying to say. This just goes on and on, back and forth. It's impossible to have as you say a '' morally astute '' debate.

And babble? Thats not babble, just facts, yes humans did do amazing things, but if you were to actually learn about what you are considering babble, give some facts on how grainte in 500 B.C. could be done using hand tools and give precise cuts, some that could not even be done with that same precision today! Again those are science facts, not something from a faith in God.

And if you read it correctly, you would see I spoke of a possible Alien knowledge, or God. I didn't preach or try to say it was God. I havent in any of my posts. Just said I '' believe '' there is something bigger.

Again your damned it you do, damned if your don't, '' as someone who doesn't believe '', your words, so it was already pre-determined in your mind to disagree with ANY of what I had to say right when you seen I thought it could be possible of a higher divine intelligence. Most of these are not debates, its a game of wits people play on this and other forums for self fullfillment on what they believe, but unlike others, I don't try to make them look stupid in that process.

I get what your saying, I get what everyone is saying, I have heard it all, many times, to many to count.

How bout this, you can not believe, and I can? Does that makes either one of us wrong?

And yes I have read all kinds of topics on creation of the universe, and most always end with the word '' theory ''. Theory, theory, theory.....

It's fine though, im not looking for agreements, and if thats what most of you are looking for your going to be on this thread for a reaaally long time.

It's just how it is. But trust me, you wont find a way to debunk Puma. I actually tried to debunk it at first.

the idea of god is a theory.

If you want me to comment and rebute everything you said. I'll get to that this evening when I have a bit more time to..

the idea of god is a theory.

If you want me to comment and rebute everything you said. I'll get to that this evening when I have a bit more time to..

Actually it doesn't matter to me either way. But good luck. Work that search engine..:hihi:

Just remember this is granite we are talking about here, not your regular stone. You won't be able to debunk it, but you'll find something to make it sound feasble just to disagree. :spit:

Wow, still going eh? lol. Ok, cool.

Look upon ALL topics and threads like these, your damned if you do and damned if you don't. People have thrown in thoughts of science ( which most of the points have been wrong) and others have been trying to speak out some wisdom for ya.

Everyone talks about people from the past in science but they are dead and were less advanced in techology than what we have today, so we have the best scientist of all time today and tomorrow he will grow stronger the name is, ''Technology''.

Hawkings for example said he '' figured out how the galaxy works in 3 weeks a room '', really? That made me laugh.

People that don't believe dislike believers.

People that believe dislikes non-believers.

We are in a era now when so much science is going on, it's much easier to believe more in science than a God.

I know science and it is claimed that the universe was dark then just exploded, period.
No one knows why, the can say they do, but they don't we never will know either.

One of my friends is a pastor and I tell him this and I get him everytime with silence.

If we spent as much time on self reflection and making ourselves better people as we did on debating politics and religion. This world would be a better place.

The reason I believe in God are from the things that still have people just in baffles. I'll give you yet another example you can do the research on your own if you want to.

Puma Punku has ancient granite that can ONLY be cut with diamond techology. The cuts are fine and shows use of machined diamond technology. Said to be created around 500 B.C. and some weigh in excess of 800 tons. They have been tested. These ruins are probably one of the most perfect examples of how science sometimes chooses what it shows the public.

People in 500 B.C. could not do this let's be real here. No thoery can back this up so they leave it be and barely talk about it.

My point is it doesn't matter it if was Aliens that brought forth some sort of knowledge to us, or God, it all comes down to you and what you choose to believe in. But if your going to believe in something, learn about it before your quote scriptures from a book, and claim you know everything.

I believe in a divine higher intelligence, because some of the most important subjects we need answers to have not even been close to being answered.

We will all get the chance to find out when we die, and if there is nothing who are we going to complain to? The maggots crawling through the voids that used to be our eyes?

Believe in your self first, then the rest will follow.

http://www.sciforums.com/showthread.php?t=92390&page=2

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom