Why Aren't You a Muslim? (1 Viewer)

If the big bang could have happened without God, practically everything could have emerged out of this, but this universe was made exactly so, that the suppositions for live are given, for example without voltage no brainwaves could flow, without radiation this world would be dark and ice-cold, without atoms and the possibility to build molecules live would be impossible, the same would be without many other chemical properties and reactions or without elements like oxygen or carbon or hydrogen or...

You ever stop to think of the possiblity that you have it backwards? Think, for just a second. What if it IS random? What if it ISNT made "just so"? What if we exist here BECAUSE it's random. Maybe we exist here on THIS Earth BECAUSE of it's alignment and general proximity to those necessary resources? Think for just a moment that it's entirely possible that we grew here because this environment was ripe for us to do so. Think of the possibility that there are other "humanoid" type species in other galaxies that endured the exact same thing...quite the concept really.

You said exactly what I was thinking WD26.2 and I've never even heard of the term you used in your post. It's amazing that we've evolved far enough to be critical thinkers huh?

You ever stop to think of the possiblity that you have it backwards? Think, for just a second. What if it IS random? What if it ISNT made "just so"? What if we exist here BECAUSE it's random. Maybe we exist here on THIS Earth BECAUSE of it's alignment and general proximity to those necessary resources? Think for just a moment that it's entirely possible that we grew here because this environment was ripe for us to do so. Think of the possibility that there are other "humanoid" type species in other galaxies that endured the exact same thing...quite the concept really.

Also, consider that we may have grown to be completely different beings if our environment and other factors had been different than they are...

Basically this is what im referring to...

"The argument can be used to explain why the conditions happen to be just right for the existence of (intelligent) life on the earth at the present time. For if they were not just right, then we should not have found ourselves to be here now, but somewhere else, at some other appropriate time."

Like I was saying earlier...mere happenstance.

Well, maybe you are right. To be honest it's hard for me to say for sure since I didn't actually read what I posted or your rebuttal.

I would ask you what business you have posting in this thread, then, but you wouldn't actually read it...so I won't.

I would ask you what business you have posting in this thread, then, but you wouldn't actually read it...so I won't.

LOL, I actually read that. I don't know where you are coming from, but I read it.

http://www.edge.org/q2011/q11_2.html#carroll

This view of the processes at the heart of the physical world has important consequences for how we come to terms with the social world. Human beings like to insist that there are reasons why things happen. The death of a child, the crash of an airplane, or a random shooting must be explained in terms of the workings of a hidden plan. *When Pat Robertson suggested that Hurricane Katrina was caused in part by God's anger at America's failing morals, he was attempting to provide an explanatory context for a seemingly inexplicable event.

Nature teaches us otherwise. *Things happen because the laws of nature say they will — because they are the consequences of the state of the universe and the path of its evolution. *Life on Earth doesn't arise in fulfillment of a grand scheme, but rather as a byproduct of the increase of entropy in an environment very far from equilibrium. *Our impressive brains don't develop because life is guided toward greater levels of complexity and intelligence, but from the mechanical interactions between genes, organisms, and their surroundings.

actually i'm not a big fan of either side of the crusades, but hey it's got to be a mutual thing,at least as far as I'm concerned. as far as pliskin being blacklisted, it was a midwest muslim he was with at the beverly hills,so maybe the east/muslim thing isn't all that bad. now that I think about it, they could be the lesser of two evils,talk about crushed by equilibrium.

The brother of the Muslim actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the “Harry Potter” films, was sentenced to six months in prison Thursday for beating his sister after he heard her talking to her Hindu boyfriend. Ashraf Azad, 28, called his sister a “prostitute” and screamed ''Marry a Muslim or you die!'' during a three-hour beating, during which, the actress said in a Manchester, England court, she feared for her life.

http://www.foxnews.com//entertainme...-brother-sentenced-honor-beating/?test=faces#

There are significant differences between the cultures and religions discussed in this thread. I think it's important to understand that despite claims of "we are all the same" or "why are you not of a given religion" that there are concrete reasons. There are clear differences in what the separate faiths allow, condone and teach. It is up to each individual to take responsibility for the decisions they make despite their environment or where/how they were raised.

The brother of the Muslim actress Afshan Azad, who played Padma Patil in the “Harry Potter” films, was sentenced to six months in prison Thursday for beating his sister after he heard her talking to her Hindu boyfriend. Ashraf Azad, 28, called his sister a “prostitute” and screamed ''Marry a Muslim or you die!'' during a three-hour beating, during which, the actress said in a Manchester, England court, she feared for her life.

http://www.foxnews.com//entertainme...-brother-sentenced-honor-beating/?test=faces#

There are significant differences between the cultures and religions discussed in this thread. I think it's important to understand that despite claims of "we are all the same" or "why are you not of a given religion" that there are concrete reasons. There are clear differences in what the separate faiths allow, condone and teach. It is up to each individual to take responsibility for the decisions they make despite their environment or where/how they were raised.

there are crazies in every religion..

WBC will picket a respectful distance from the funeral of Pfc. Benjamin G. Moore whose corpse is being worshipped by the necromancers of New Jersey. Our message is for the living, so listen up! If you want your Doomed american soldiers to stop dying, STOP YOUR PROUD SINNING. This nation has institutionalized policies of filthy sin and idolatry, and has no hope of God's grace any longer. You are a nation of ********. But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye ********, and not sons. (Heb. 12:8.)

God kindly provided this nation with everything you needed; then you were lifted up with pride and would not listen or obey; now it's only curses all day every day for you. I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live: That thou mayest love the LORD thy God, and that thou mayest obey his voice, and that thou mayest cleave unto him: for he is thy life, and the length of thy days. (Dt. 30:19-20).

Worse, when God punishes you by killing your soldiers, you turn to your idols -- worshipping the dead, the military and Old Glory. Your worshipping of this fool is off the chain! You are just enraging your God further. For thus saith the LORD, Enter not into the house of mourning, neither go to lament nor bemoan them: for I have taken away my peace from this people, saith the LORD, even lovingkindness and mercies. Both the great and the small shall die in this land: they shall not be buried, neither shall men lament for them, nor cut themselves, nor make themselves bald for them: Neither shall men tear themselves for them in mourning, to comfort them for the dead; neither shall men give them the cup of consolation to drink for their father or for their mother. (Jer. 16:5-7.)

As if that was not enough, when God sends His prophets to warn you to flee His wrath and your imminent destruction, you set upon them with violence and pass laws to remove them from your landscape. And when they went from nation to nation, and from one kingdom to another people; He suffered no man to do them wrong: yea, he reproved kings for their sakes, Saying, Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm. (1 Chr. 16: 20-22.)

Heretofore, you have done all these things against your interest. But, God has left you yet alive today, and sends His prophets from WBC to you again today. If there be any among you who have an ear to hear, come out from among them and do NOT partake of their sins. And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities. (Rev. 18:4-5.) WBC has words of life and hope to any who would hear and heed! Amen!

Jews only want their families to marry jews.. Muslims only want their families to marry muslims. Hindu only want their families to marry hindu.. Christian families only want their families to marry christian.

You have your exceptions of course..

think it's important to understand that despite claims of "we are all the same" or "why are you not of a given religion" that there are concrete reasons.
I think its important to distinguish what we're really discussing, though.
It isn't "which religion is better" or "why i like __(religion of the hegemon)____ better". If religion is simply a choice to be made based on which one you feel better about (regular, extra crispy, or barbeque) I see your point. However, what this thread was discussing was the validity behind disqualify a prophet of god (if you believe Abraham......and subsequent voices of god throughout the old testament......AND you believe Jesus was a voice of that same god......then there really isn't a reason why you shouldn't also believe in the prophet of that same god that proceed Jesus)

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom