Why Brees didn't have a good game? (1 Viewer)

We ran the ball, after the 1st series we ran the ball......He was great to open the game and then we ran the ball. Should have a great game with Rex blitzing like crazy...

Just watch the game. I was not being overly critical of Payton. We were running the ball pretty well in the 1st half. All of a sudden, it just stopped. We tried passing and passing and passing with no luck. We started trying to run again and voila, we pull away.

Bush wasn't doing great as a pure runner, I don't know if Payton's 100% confident in Hamilton in a close game and PT was sick and taking IV's. Good think PT started feeling better.

I am actually excited about the game against the Jets--no weather conditions to worry about in the Dome. We just need to protect Brees and not turn the ball over. That's how teams like the Jets, Ravens, and Bears play. They wait for you to make a mistake and that gets them going. I watched the Jets and Titans play and the Titans had a chance to win the game. The muffed punt was a killer. Revis lucked out a couple of times because the receivers dropped the ball. They were open. I hope Sharper keeps his eye on Cotchery--he might be able to get a chance at a pick or two. Cotchery is Sanchez's first choice most of the time outside of the tight end.

We'll have to bring our A game but we can beat the Jets.

I remember Hamilton making a 3rd and short with the Bills putting up an 8 man front. Hamilton still converted on that criticle down. I know, I know Reggie is not the same back as Hamilton but do we expect him to only play the roll of a decoy and a scat back. I understand Reggie is not an everydown back that his fault but his salary reflects that of an everydown back pay.

But there is a difference, when a player is not the focal point of the defense, like Hamilton does not command nearly as much attention as Reggie.....I remember when the Vikes came in town last year, we were up, & waiting for AP, and we shut him down! Period!....We lost the game, but we shut AP down!

Same thing with Reggie....teams are hellbent of stopping him, and I see always 2 or more defenders respond to Reggie's every move......a situation which leads to predictability....we need to find ways when the pressure is soooo great from others, that Ds will have to abandon this excessive attention they show towards Reggie.

Don't overlook the fact that Lance Moore was not available for this game. Last year, when the Saints would face 3rd and long situations, Brees often found Moore for a first down. Yesterday, he didn't seem to have that third or fourth option who could find a way to get open for the 1st. Also, as others have said, the Saints offense has 3 or 4 games a year in which the passing game is out of synch. The last two years those were automatic loses. Yesterday proved how far this team has come. Lastly, I don't want to take anything away from the Bills defense. They played really hard and had to be out on the field a long time. They had a solid game plan, and even better execution.

Prove it. Give credible evidence that Payton has--even once--made a play that was based on bone-headed stubbornness instead of a true desire to win a game.

Payton has brought together an incredible offense and yet *still* people feel compelled to assign the worst motives to him if they object to his play calls. I don't understand why that is even necessary.

How about calling 2 timeouts right before the 2 minute warning so you can leave enough time on the clock for the other team to score? And then declining the 5 yard penalty on a 4th and 4, that way if we jump offsides they get a fresh set of downs? And then after that, just taking a knee even though we just burned our last time out presumably to try to score before the end of the half? Payton had some completely messed up plays yesterday. Thankfully they didn't lose us the game like it has in the past.

well if it was the blitz that disrupted brees so much im worried for next week, b/c Rex Ryan brings the blitz much more and its more effective.
I think it was blitz + good coverage + slippery field + very windy

Unless Rex Ryan has a weather machine, two of those things wont be a factor next week.

A;so, I think one of the big problem we had in pass protection was Hamilton. HE ran the ball very well but looked completely lost in pass protection, I'm pretty sure that's why he almost didn't play in the second half

Hmmm could be. I'll have to look at that when I watch the game again.

Bush wasn't doing great as a pure runner, I don't know if Payton's 100% confident in Hamilton in a close game and PT was sick and taking IV's. Good think PT started feeling better.

What game were you watching? Reggie started off horrible in returning punts, but he started off running the ball pretty good. He got better in returning the punts later on, but I thought he ran well.

the wind man ....

he couldnt get the throw .... he tried MEACHEM .... he overthrowed !

Brees has bad games. Typically he gets flustered and tends to overfocus on one receiver(Shockey yesterday).

QB's can have bad games in wins. See Jamarcus Russel last week.

Our defense, running game, and special teams minus the field goal fake won us that game. If we would have continued to rely on Brees, then its quite possible we would have lost.

Bills played great D. I give them credit first.

Second was a combination of bad pass protection and jumpiness by Brees. He seemed afraid to step up into the pocket and was throwing off his back foot a bit.

I watched Colston run a few very suspect routes, including an out on 3rd down where he just jogged the second half of the route. Dude's a beast, but hey, I saw it.

OMG, Brees didnt have a bad game. He threw no INTs, made no game changing mistakes, didnt lose the game for us, thats what I call playing bad.

He didnt have a FF HOF day, but thats not what good QBing is all about.

Brees is never afraid, really bad choice of words, IMO.

Its about getting a W, IIRC, we won that game yesterday.

It was the secondary, even when brees had time, he was having trouble finding receivers.

The Bills constantly dropped 7 into coverage. They were able to get pressure early on with a 4 man rush. Throw in the windy conditions and this explains Brees human numbers.

QUOTE]

Yep.. Payton said they were in nickel and sometimes dime packages against our base alignments... Then they would get pressure up the middle with either the front four or with one blitzing... So we made the necessary adjustments and BAM 220 yards rushing....

Pick your poison

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom