Why Brees didn't have a good game? (1 Viewer)

msmith

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
I didn't watch the game so some of you could tell me why.

1. The weather and the slippy field.

2. The blitz package by the Bills.

3. The law of average caught up.

4. The kid cried at night all week and Britney had a headache.

Any other ideas?

well if it was the blitz that disrupted brees so much im worried for next week, b/c Rex Ryan brings the blitz much more and its more effective.

I'd have to go with the game plan more than anything else. I don't think we've ran the ball as much as we did yesterday since Payton has been here. He looked like that was his agenda.
On a side note, that field was HORRIBLE. Our guys kept slipping all over the place. I also have to give credit to the Bill's defense, as they did an excellent job in coverage, as well as pass rush.

I think it was really windy out there. There was a pretty high variability in kicks depending on direction. That combined with the pressure hampered him.

I think it was a combination of things:
1. He was a bit off (some of his throws may have been affected by wind. Don't know)
2. Blocking wasn't the greatest up front. He was pressured a bit.
3. Slippery field. He lost his footing a few times.
4. I'm not sure our guys were getting open down field. There were a couple of coverage sacks.

I don't think Zach Strief is as good as Jermon Bushrod is at LT. I'm not saying he's terrible, but I think Bushrod is better.

When Bushrod went down, the pressure started getting bad.

I think it was a combination of things:
1. He was a bit off (some of his throws may have been affected by wind. Don't know)
2. Blocking wasn't the greatest up front. He was pressured a bit.
3. Slippery field. He lost his footing a few times.
4. I'm not sure our guys were getting open down field. There were a couple of coverage sacks.
On top of that, the Bills Dline did what you have to do against Brees. Don't get to greedy for sacks and lift your hands up! Brees had 3-4 passes defended by linemen and I recall at least 2-3 bad throws when he had to jump in the air to get the ball to Reggie or Shockey. I alays thought that the best way to rattle Drew

They managed to get pressure up the middle and the coverage was pretty decent. and the field.

The Bills constantly dropped 7 into coverage. They were able to get pressure early on with a 4 man rush. Throw in the windy conditions and this explains Brees human numbers.

I think that we abandoned our run game for a while due to Payton's stubborn play calling. He finally realized in the 4th quarter that the Bills were not going to load the box to stop the run unless we ran.

A;so, I think one of the big problem we had in pass protection was Hamilton. HE ran the ball very well but looked completely lost in pass protection, I'm pretty sure that's why he almost didn't play in the second half

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom