Why Brees owns the Super Bowl completion record (1 Viewer)

Seve

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
This has bugged me for many years since our Boys won SB44. :aargh: So I thought I'd share to get your take...:9:
Drew Brees and Tom Brady are currently "tied" for the most completions in a Super Bowl at 32. :9:
But guess what? Brees really has 33! How you say? :scratch: :idunno:
The 2 pt conversion to Lance Moore which the Saints had to challenge and overturn. Why they don't count it is because it was a PAT. This is total BS IMO. :rant:
BREES HAS THE RECORD AT 33!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy:

Mudbug67

Katz & Besthoff
VIP Subscribing Member
Reaction score
This has bugged me for many years since our Boys won SB44. :aargh: So I thought I'd share to get your take...:9:
Drew Brees and Tom Brady are currently "tied" for the most completions in a Super Bowl at 32. :9:
But guess what? Brees really has 33! How you say? :scratch: :idunno:
The 2 pt conversion to Lance Moore which the Saints had to challenge and overturn. Why they don't count it is because it was a PAT. This is total BS IMO. :rant:
BREES HAS THE RECORD AT 33!!! :worthy::worthy::worthy:
That's a great point, extra points are a stat and so are 2 point conversions. So LMos catch should be a catch and Brees should have another record. It's OK we all know he did it.
mb

eizenbizen

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
I see your point, but it isn't counted the same. If a running back takes the ball in for a 2pt conversion he isn't award the yards. Just like if a QB throws an INT it isn't counted against his stat line.

Not disagreeing just playing devils advocate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheSaints7

Die Hard Saints Fan.
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Well sureley Brady would have more then because he has two PAT's?

GW93

Original
Reaction score
Didn't Brady toss a 2-pointer to Faulk in that SB where he got his 32 completions? Or was that in a different SB? Or was it a handoff or lateral to Faulk?

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
He got past 32 without the overtime, in case some fool posts something about the game being extended.

Winsett

Pro-Bowler
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Brees won't break this record now. Brady just dinked and dunked his way to 62 pass attempts (not counting sacks), with an RB as the leading reciever totaling 14 catches. That is a ridiculous amount of attempts, and I'd be stunned to see it ever happen again at a Super Bowl in my lifetime.

skydancer

Rookie
Reaction score
Actually, that record was overtaken three years ago, first by P. Manning, who had 34 in SB 48, and then the following year TB had 37 in SB 49, so Brees was actually not #1 in this category prior to tonight after all. TB beat his own record.

For whatever it's worth, however, Brees owns the 2nd highest completion percentage in a Super Bowl (1st among those with over 30 pass attempts). He also has 40 completions in a playoff game without the overtime, which came in that San Francisco heartbreaker.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom