Why cant Ingram run like that all the time? (1 Viewer)

Wonder the same thing. Ingram never has a burst like that unless his starting role is challenged.

Is anyone else interested in why he said "what the **** is wrong with all these n***** man"? Am I the only one that heard the camera capture that?

Is anyone else interested in why he said "what the **** is wrong with all these n***** man"? Am I the only one that heard the camera capture that?

My camera caught it as well. Not really a big deal. Emotional moment on an absolutely perfect run by Ingram for his 2nd TD of the day.

Was it Ingram that said that or a fan?

I thought it was a fan near a camera.

My camera caught it as well. Not really a big deal. Emotional moment on an absolutely perfect run by Ingram for his 2nd TD of the day.

Disclaimer: I am Ingram-neutral (not a huge fan, not a hater), but I agree with the benching.

I agree it was out of emotion, but I think comments like that also speak to character. I am just curious who it was directed towards - the critics? The saints for benching him? The niners? The fans in that general area? Just posting for speculation's sake.

Disclaimer: I am Ingram-neutral (not a huge fan, not a hater), but I agree with the benching.

I agree it was out of emotion, but I think comments like that also speak to character. I am just curious who it was directed towards - the critics? The saints for benching him? The niners? The fans in that general area? Just posting for speculation's sake.

Probably addressed to all of his critics I would guess.

Ingram always runs with intensity and passion, you can criticize him for other things but I've never seen him phone it in. Sometimes being faced with adversity can help someone rise to an even greater level, perhaps that happened here. It was the best run of his career.

I heard that too... clear as day. My immediate reaction is to think that it was directed at the coaching staff.

Honest answer? He's playing a historically bad run D this week.

Not bashing him, but if you want a real answer to your question, that's it.

It's not bashing, it's a fact. This defense is the first in history to give up 100 yards rushing in SEVEN consecutive games.

BClemms said this would happen then accurately pointed out the But Ingram can't break a long run threads.

Pure clockwork...it's a terrible run defense.

It's really not that hard is it?

If Ingram gets 7 more rushing yards in this game the Niners will be the first team in NFL history to allow a running back 100 yards in 7 consecutive games.

Pretty sure Ingram will get that. Also Hightower will likely get 47 yards in the 2nd half and we'll have (2) backs go over 100 yards.

I mean, who the hell could have predicted this outburst of production?
Just for the record. If Ingram plays Sunday he'll have a massive game. He'll have a massive game because everyone has a massive game against the 49ers run defense.

The Niners run defense is allowed 185 yards rushing and 5.1 ypc, both league worsts by a mile.

The last 2 times Ingram faced the 32nd ranked run defense was against Green Bay at home in prime time. He went 24 carries for 172 yards. The Packers run defense was so bad that after that game they actually moved one of the best pass rushers in the league to MLB and sacrificed their pass rush the rest of the season.

The other time was against Dallas in 2013. They were the worst ranked run defense coming in and had 6 starters and role players in their front 7 out of the game. Once again, at home in prime time. Ingram went for 14 carries and 145 yards. Dudes really good when nobody touches him.

This is what the last few RB's have done against the 49ers run defense.
Jaquizz Rodgers 26 carries, 154 yards
Shady McCoy- 19 carries, 140 yards, 3 TD
Ezekiel Elliot- 23 carries, 138 yards, 1 TD
David Johnson- 27 carries, 157 yards, 2 TD
Christine Michel- 20 carries, 106 yards, 2 TD
Fozzy Whitaker- 16 carries, 100 yards

So yeah, the Niners can't stack the box against Brees like they did against Buffalo, Dallas and Tampa. Whoever gets the carries is going to have themselves a game. Honestly, Lasco is probably best suited to destroy that defense since he has the most speed to take advantage of getting free releases to the 2nd level all day.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom