Why can't we win at Home??? (1 Viewer)

i realize you are not saying that the booing is the reason.....but you are certainly making it a factor

sorry, i am just willing to accept booing as a reason for a professional football player to perform poorly.....totally unacceptable excuse

So you refuse to accept humiliation or hurt feelings as a form of underperforming in your job? It's a huge mistake to hold any athlete to a higher standard than Joe Schmo! You are giving athletes too much credit.

I think you're waaaaaayyyyyyy off.

Let me ask you this, do you think that players get jacked up when the crowd screams for them? If so, what's the difference?

So you refuse to accept humiliation or hurt feelings as a form of underperforming in your job? It's a huge mistake to hold any athlete to a higher standard than Joe Schmo! You are giving athletes too much credit.

I think you're waaaaaayyyyyyy off.

Let me ask you this, do you think that players get jacked up when the crowd screams for them? If so, what's the difference?

yeah, i am way off....:rolleyes:

there is no difference.....pro athletes know that when they do their job well, there will be praises....when they perform poorly, there will be boos.....i doubt it has the impact on players that you think it does.....

do you think that saints fans are the only fans that boo their team???

.....i doubt it has the impact on players that you think it does....

I would like to chime in and agree with CHI TOWN. The impact of cheering and booing is huge. How else could you explain the MNF Falcons game? The crowd's cheers brought the Saints to play at a different level. I refuse to believe anything else.

I would like to chime in and agree with CHI TOWN. The impact of cheering and booing is huge. How else could you explain the MNF Falcons game? The crowd's cheers brought the Saints to play at a different level. I refuse to believe anything else.

maybe, just maybe the players played really good :shrug:

Well if you are into superstition and Voodoo curses.....it looked as though it was all good after the 2006 season and we in the press conference after the Eagles games Coach Payton even mentioned it and said there wasn't any curse over this team or the Dome.....then what happened after he made lite of the curse?....we lose to the Bears in the NFCCG and then have a disastrous season this past year.....maybe he shouldn't have spoken ill of the curse!!!!!

Or, perhaps the glaring needs at defense really reared it's ugly head this past season and forced use to address needs on the defense this offseason.

Why don't we have a better record at home? I don't know, maybe too much partying the night before in the Quarter? Not loud enough, quick to boo, playing surface, bad play-calling, inept defense, poor scheme, Voodoo curse? It could be none of them, it could be all them. But like anything, winning cures everything so let's hope for a lot of wins this year.

Umm not sure sure about that one, but i know the Superdome was built over the Girod Cemetery, which is possible last resting place for Marie Laveau II the most famous Voodoo Queen in the world.
Because the burial grounds were not properly treated or relocated, the Superdome is cursed.

Do a google search on Marie Laveau if you don't know about this very spooky queen that is said to still be spiritually with New Orleans.
This theory actually has enough credibility that ESPN did one of their ouside the lines segments several years ago entitled, "Are the Saints a cursed franchise," and this was the fundamental tenet of their piece.

Of course, given the accuracy/credibility of ESPN reporting.......

When the Saints play on the road, someone steals all the regular players and replaces them with exact duplicates. We'd notice this at home, so it only occurs on the road. Duplicates don't hear well, so they aren't aware they're being booed.

maybe, just maybe the players played really good :shrug:

Why won't you admit that emotion affects players? You here sports casters and players talk about it all of the time, it's quite obvious to most. :idunno:

Maybe everyone, including past and present players are wrong and you're right?:9:

Why won't you admit that emotion affects players? You here sports casters and players talk about it all of the time, it's quite obvious to most. :idunno:

Maybe everyone, including past and present players are wrong and you're right?:9:

where did i say it had no effect??

i said that the the effect was overblown.....i mean, either a team plays well, or they don't....boos or cheers are not going to give them superhuman strength, speed, or whatever....

not to mention, boos usually come after something bad happens

Sex, before the game takes a lot out of you.., even the night before. That is less of a problem on the road.

Hester.gif

Your DB's sure aren't doing you any favors.

Just Trying to figure out why the Saints have a losing record at the dome over the last few years. Are we not loud enough???? Our homefield advantage is Not what it SHOULD BE!!
:idunno:

Our defense stinks and has stunk for over 15+years. We haven't had a good defense since the dome patrol days.

Good defensive play makes the dome field advantage huge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom