Why can't we win at Home??? (1 Viewer)

And as far as the Superdome being built over a graveyard, that much is true! This is the story that I've always heard.....
The Superdome was given permission to begin it's construction once the graves had been properly deconsecrated by the priest in charge of that graveyard. However, there were remains that were removed by family members and friends and also that of those who did not have any headstones to claim their title or name. Those remains/bodies were seperated until all were removed and then sent to Charity Hospital for storage until records could be provided to validate where each body lied and to whom the vault/tomb belonged to.
.....This is where it seems fitting that the Superdome is haunted.....
The construction foreman never made an accurate landscape of the area to show exactly where each of the remains came from so those who didn't claim their relatives in the very begining of the ground breaking had fits when they learned that it would be close to impossible to identify a loved one because all the remains were basically mass shipped to the hospital! Many people didn't bother to go through the hassle to find said relative and those records that could not claim a body saw that persons remains placed along with the others and lost to the history books forever! Supposedly, the company who removed the bodies ran an article in the paper for those who might want to claim their relatives but there were hardly any people that showed up. Charity couldn't store the bodies anymore so those whose remains could be identified but not claimed were buried in the City Park Cemetery by priest who blessed their graves. Those remains that could not be identified or claimed were also buried there but it was without a cermony or blessing to say that it was not right to bless graves of those who might not share the priest's denomination. Basically meaning if your were Protestant and the priest was Catholic, you were out of luck! These bodies are said to be buried in a shabby marked grave in a single plot with how many peoples bones, ashes, who knows mixed together! This is said to be the reason why the Superdome has so much bad luck but like I said this is what I've been told

Last edited:
Because of the constant booing???? I am also a huge Chelsea FC fan and the Blues have not lost a home game in 3 years (except for a 2-1 loss to Barcelona in the champions league). I think it could be mental. The Chelsea players have a mentality that nobody (not even Man U) can come to their home and mess with them. Send Payton over to London and have him chat with Avram Grant. He might get a tip or two

I thought we broke the curse when we won a home playoff game against the Rams?

the more things change the more they remain the same? from a couple of weeks back:

Why does the home W/L record always seem to be sub.500?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've always felt that in NOLA there's just too much fun and comfort to be had prior to the game. With a whole weekend in town before the game rather than a departure into hostile territory, I think a level of comfort sets in and THAT comfort has some effect on the intensity and focus of the team. I know that there are big party scenes in most every NFL city, but still, something about NOLA tops them all. There's no place like it really.

Thre are probably 100 assumptions as to why we don't have a great home record,
it's Greek to me 4sure.
Why does the home W/L record always seem to be sub.500? - SaintsReport Community Forums

Originally Posted by SaintRob
It's the Indian burial ground under the dome.

GUITARZAN WROTE

I guess that voodoo priestess took a hit on her reputation as a reliable exorcist?

Maybe she had the wrong animal. Chicken>Python

Because theres nothing advantageous about our homefield.

Our playing surface sucks and hurts us more then it helps. The Fans are waiting for one thing to go wrong so they can start booing. Then theres the historical pressure of playing infront of a homecrowd for a team that has been by and large a loser for 42 years.

On the road there isn't 42 years of pressure in your face. So they play less tight, and execute better.

Because theres nothing advantageous about our homefield.

Our playing surface sucks and hurts us more then it helps. The Fans are waiting for one thing to go wrong so they can start booing. Then theres the historical pressure of playing infront of a homecrowd for a team that has been by and large a loser for 42 years.

On the road there isn't 42 years of pressure in your face. So they play less tight, and execute better.

definitely, probably and possibly ONE of the reasons.

definitely, probably and possibly ONE of the reasons.

Thats two reasons. I said our playing surface sucks also. It does. We are constantly slipping on it, it works against our speed on offense and our DB's have serious footing problems trying to cover on it. I hate that crap. I wish we had an outdoor stadium with a retractable roof so we could have natural grass.

I've always felt that in NOLA there's just too much fun and comfort to be had prior to the game. With a whole weekend in town before the game rather than a departure into hostile territory said:
This was my first guess as well. It is probably extra difficult to stay in the Gladiator mindset the week of home games. There is way too much excitement to get into in New Orleans. Keep in mind that the NFL is an elite fraternity- many of the opponents have college teammates on the Saints roster and surely they hang out or show off the town- to some degree- before game day. I'm sure the opposition feels the same way as many fans- if we were all Seahawks fans and could only make one road trip, wouldn't it be the New Orleans game??? It's something about the city that wisks our cares and troubles away.

Thats two reasons. I said our playing surface sucks also. It does. We are constantly slipping on it, it works against our speed on offense and our DB's have serious footing problems trying to cover on it. I hate that crap. I wish we had an outdoor stadium with a retractable roof so we could have natural grass.

ooops forgot to point out that I was TRYING to make a funny. You really hit the nail on the head.

We can win at home, just not as much as we lose.

I thought we broke the curse when we won a home playoff game against the Rams?

The beginning of that season (2001), the Saints brought in a Voodoo Priestace where she held a private cermeony on the 50 yrd line prior to the season starting....

IMO: We should have that done every year.

We have no homefield advantage because we cannot pressure the opposing quarterback. Make all the noise you want, but when you give even a 3rd string NFL QB time, he will make the completion.

The beginning of that season (2001), the Saints brought in a Voodoo Priestace where she held a private cermeony on the 50 yrd line prior to the season starting....

IMO: We should have that done every year.

I guess you missed this part:
GUITARZAN WROTE

I guess that voodoo priestess took a hit on her reputation as a reliable exorcist?

Maybe she had the wrong animal. Chicken>Python

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom