Why can't we win at Home??? (1 Viewer)

We have no homefield advantage because we cannot pressure the opposing quarterback. Make all the noise you want, but when you give even a 3rd string NFL QB time, he will make the completion.

but that's like, all logical and stuff

Because theres nothing advantageous about our homefield.

Our playing surface sucks and hurts us more then it helps. The Fans are waiting for one thing to go wrong so they can start booing. Then theres the historical pressure of playing infront of a homecrowd for a team that has been by and large a loser for 42 years.

On the road there isn't 42 years of pressure in your face. So they play less tight, and execute better.

Yep to both and, IMO, the fan angle has more to do with it. Nothing agravates me more than seeing and hearing fans boo because we went three and out or Brees throw a pick or Bush/Deuce fumble.....these are all things that happen to every team just about every game. There is no need to magnify the issue by booing the player and making him play a little tighter because of it. To me it's all about Football IQ and a lot of fans here don't have it......:idunno:

Here's a strange example...we have been a Basketball town for approx. 2 minutes and when the Hornets hit a bad stretch, what do the fans do? They start cheering to try and will the Hornets to play better. Why can't we do that for the Saints? :1zhelp:

Homefield advantage in the NFL is nothing, unless you're the Seahawks, Patriots, Colts, or Packers.

Okay, if the colts are on this list why can't the saints, rams, and lions. Is there dome built for home field advantage? I understand the weather ones, but not the Colts.

Yep to both and, IMO, the fan angle has more to do with it. Nothing agravates me more than seeing and hearing fans boo because we went three and out or Brees throw a pick or Bush/Deuce fumble.....these are all things that happen to every team just about every game. There is no need to magnify the issue by booing the player and making him play a little tighter because of it. To me it's all about Football IQ and a lot of fans here don't have it......:idunno:

Here's a strange example...we have been a Basketball town for approx. 2 minutes and when the Hornets hit a bad stretch, what do the fans do? They start cheering to try and will the Hornets to play better. Why can't we do that for the Saints? :1zhelp:

maybe it's easeier to rationalize how right one is in their assessment that the team sucks than to hope and pray that they don't/won't suck only to be heartbroken in the end.

Groundhog Day no more. Message to the masses. Evolve. This aint the Same Old Saints.

Not anymore!

i think the booing angle is grossly overrated.....

we didn't lose games at home because the fans booed....that's ridiculous....we lost games because our defense was terrible

Could it be parity?

Thats a hell of alot of parity since our home W/L has been sub .500 for the most part for the past 10 years. If it was just parity it should average out more.

And noone said booing makes the team lose. There is something to be said about the pressure of home crowd making a player play tighter and less efficently.

i think the booing angle is grossly overrated.....

we didn't lose games at home because the fans booed....that's ridiculous....we lost games because our defense was terrible

Who said this?:idunno: I don't think anyone is saying booing leads directly to losses, but in some cases it does lead to Big Ego ball players taking offense, especially if they feel it isn't warranted, and what's to say they don't try a little less hard because of it?

I could see that happening very easily to any player that isn't hyper competitive.

Umm not sure sure about that one, but i know the Superdome was built over the Girod Cemetery, which is possible last resting place for Marie Laveau II the most famous Voodoo Queen in the world.
Because the burial grounds were not properly treated or relocated, the Superdome is cursed.

Do a google search on Marie Laveau if you don't know about this very spooky queen that is said to still be spiritually with New Orleans.

I'm pretty sure that I learned long ago that she converted to catholicism before she died. So she's probably in heaven and not haunting N.O.

Who said this? :idunno: I don't think anyone is saying booing leads directly to losses, but in some cases it does lead to Big Ego ball players taking offense, especially if they feel it isn't warranted, and what's to say they don't try a little less hard because of it?

you are saying this :shrug:

Last edited:
you are saying this :shrug:

Can you please highlight where I said the boos directly make us lose, as you state?

Yep to both and, IMO, the fan angle has more to do with it. Nothing agravates me more than seeing and hearing fans boo because we went three and out or Brees throw a pick or Bush/Deuce fumble.....these are all things that happen to every team just about every game. There is no need to magnify the issue by booing the player and making him play a little tighter because of it. To me it's all about Football IQ and a lot of fans here don't have it......

Here's a strange example...we have been a Basketball town for approx. 2 minutes and when the Hornets hit a bad stretch, what do the fans do? They start cheering to try and will the Hornets to play better. Why can't we do that for the Saints?

i realize you are not saying that the booing is the reason.....but you are certainly making it a factor

sorry, i am just willing to accept booing as a reason for a professional football player to perform poorly.....totally unacceptable excuse

i realize you are not saying that the booing is the reason.....but you are certainly making it a factor

sorry, i am just willing to accept booing as a reason for a professional football player to perform poorly.....totally unacceptable excuse

Who said the excuse has to be acceptable? Players should perform at the same level no matter where they are. That doesn't mean they actually do though.

Who said the excuse has to be acceptable? Players should perform at the same level no matter where they are. That doesn't mean they actually do though.

well, having a finger hanging by a thread, or broken collar bone would be an acceptable excuse...and i totally agree with the rest of your post

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom