Why can't we win at Home??? (1 Viewer)

Soundwave

Terribly Vexed
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just Trying to figure out why the Saints have a losing record at the dome over the last few years. Are we not loud enough???? Our homefield advantage is Not what it SHOULD BE!!
:idunno:

Umbrella inside=Bad luck

TomBenson.jpg

Homefield advantage in the NFL is nothing, unless you're the Seahawks, Patriots, Colts, or Packers.

Why is the sky blue, why is the grass green? Look this is not College football. In College teams like LSU Florida etc have HUGE homefield advantage. But this is the NFL. Fans dont bother players as much. These are men, not college kids

it only takes one year to change that. once an idea gets into peoples heads, its hard to get out. i dont think arrowhead is nearly as bad anymore as people think it is to be the opponet. yet ppl still consider it one of the toughest stadiums to visit

It's because the dome was built over an Indian burial ground...

Duuuuuuhhh!!! :angryrazz:

I just want the Dome to be THE most feared stadium in the NFL. (and The Hive). Just can't figure out why we seem to play better on the road.
By the way, crowd noise does make a difference. I dont care if its NFL, NCAA, or Flag Football.

It's because the dome was built over an Indian burial ground...

Duuuuuuhhh!!! :angryrazz:

Umm not sure sure about that one, but i know the Superdome was built over the Girod Cemetery, which is possible last resting place for Marie Laveau II the most famous Voodoo Queen in the world.
Because the burial grounds were not properly treated or relocated, the Superdome is cursed.

Do a google search on Marie Laveau if you don't know about this very spooky queen that is said to still be spiritually with New Orleans.

No doubt we must do a better job at home. There is no excuse for not playing better at home and until that get's fixed we will have a hard time making the playoffs. Used to be you could count 8 wins right off the bat, just for the homes games. Those days are gone. Whether they are from free agency or the players being less distracted on the road and that is why they play better on the road, I am not sure. It has nothing to do with the fans and everything to do with the players. To be sucessfull in this league you have to win a majority of your home games. They should almost be gimmies. No excuse for not winning at least 6 at home.

Last year only one team that made the playoffs had a losing record at home. That team eventually won the Super Bowl. The Giants were 3-5 at home last year. They were the anomily though. Every other team in the playoffs lost no more than 3 games at home. There was 1 8-0 team and 5 7-1 teams and 4 6-2 teams. 10 of the 12 playoff teams won at least 6 of thier home games. Morale of the story is, if you lose more than 3 of your home games your chances of making the playoffs diminish greatly. If you go 8-0 at home you have a damn good shot at the big game.

Umm not sure sure about that one, but i know the Superdome was built over the Girod Cemetery, which is possible last resting place for Marie Laveau II the most famous Voodoo Queen in the world.
Because the burial grounds were not properly treated or relocated, the Superdome is cursed.

Do a google search on Marie Laveau if you don't know about this very spooky queen that is said to still be spiritually with New Orleans.

It was really just a joke. But I remember reading something in the paper that it was built over some burial ground so you're probably right. I said that because that's usually what you hear when people ask why the Saint's can't win at home.

Lol remember when they had that voodoo lady do some dance before the Rams' playoff game. Then the Rams came back the next season, and they try to do all that Voodoo stuff again for that game and the Saints when on to get trounced by the Rams.

Because Reggie slips down every time he touches the ball in the dome.

i would be interested to know the home win/loss record for the entire NFL.....

Is that why the Boneyard works so well for da VooDoo? ;)

I remember losing my voice before the end of the 1st qtr, when we played the Falcons for our first game back in the dome! I sit next to my brother and I don't remember sitting that game nor anybody else in my section and I couldn't hear what he was telling me standing right next to me! I do believe the dome reached a pinacle height of volume for that game and I have yet to see it matched even when we played the Eagles to make it to the confrence game against the Bears! Maybe it was something about that night let alone a hated division rival, but it does help! In the Atlanta game I rember Drew waving his arms to quiet the crowd down and I would be lying if the ENTIRE dome went silent enough that I heard a single cough come from a person in the section above me!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom