Why Carr will be a Saint (1 Viewer)

If the Raiders release Carr, his contract can, and will be restructured, correct?

If true, it’s probably the best way to bring him on, restructure his injury guarantees into a signing bonus, we would have a cap hit around $8m this year and could play it year to year from there. That’s only around $13m/yr guaranteed for three years.

If we can possibly sign him it would take away the need to draft a quarterback this year, draft a wide receiver and a tight end early and we are good to go
Mark my words, if he ends up with another NFC South team we will live to regret it

No Carr please. He's a decent QB, but IMO not a significant upgrade over Dalton or Winston. Carr has limited upside and has not shown he is elite. I'd rather save the money for when an elite QB hits the market.

My brother is a diehard Raiders fan, has been for years. He likes Carr, but he also says that Carr is very hesitant to throw a deep ball, tends to hold the ball too long, and has a knack for getting hurt at the most in opportune time

I don’t know what his injury history is but according to PFR, he has only missed 2 regular season games, one each in 2016 and 2017, prior to being benched this season.

If folks want to sign Carr as a QB to build around for the future, fine, if you think he's the right guy. If the idea is that he will come in, steady this ship and the Saints will be an immediate competitor, you will be very disappointed. This team needs more than a QB. We have a lot of getting well to do before we're competing for a Super Bowl. If the idea is to win a horrible division with a mediocre record and get knocked out in the first round, then thats a different kind of goal than what I'm looking for and maybe Carr can help us win a (playoffs) participation trophy.

I don’t know what his injury history is but according to PFR, he has only missed 2 regular season games, one each in 2016 and 2017, prior to being benched this season.
I don’t follow the Raiders closely enough, but I believe he played thru quite a few injuries that really effected his success.
I also remember a Raiders team some years ago that looked really good heading into the playoffs… and the last game of the season, Carr broke his leg or something.

The idea that the Saints are going to let the cap get in the way of getting a real QB is funny, almost as funny as the people who say things like "fine if we can get him on a two-year low guarantee deal."

The Saints absolutely are not that disciplined nor do they clearly put that high of a priority on the cap to let it get in the way of a starting QB (see "Watson, Deshaun"). If they get a real QB, don't forget that the onus of DA saving his job will very likely turn that conservative cap management strategy into "WIN NOW -- ALL IN."

Secondly, Carr looks like he may have a half dozen teams competing for him. He's not taking a contract anyone who is nervous about spending money or making a commitment on this board will like.

It would not surprise me to see him walk away with a 4 year, $120 million deal with a lot guaranteed. I could be totally wrong but he seems to have all the leverage in the world.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom