Saints Why Chauncey Gardner-Johnson fell... (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
In speaking to team sources, there were a few issues that led to Gardner-Johnson sliding. The biggest reason for the fall was some teams had character concerns about Gardner-Johnson. They had reservations about him fitting into the locker room and worried about him butting heads with coaches. They have questions about how coachable Gardner-Johnson was as well. His lack of football I.Q. was concern to some, while others felt he was a corner/safety tweener who didn't have a natural fit in coverage. Thus, those factors combined to leading to Gardner-Johnson falling in the 2019 NFL Draft.

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/ws2019cgardnerjohnson.php#mOh9MUaPyIoMpCqg.99

I’ve already her some rumblings that CGJ is very “confident” on the field and outspoken at minicamp. I hope this is not a concern.

I'm not worried at all. He has a relationship with Glenn before he became a Saint and Glenn mentioned their first encounter was a feisty one. So it's just a part of who he is. That fire in him and confidence will fit in well with our swagger imo.

I'm not worried at all. He has a relationship with Glenn before he became a Saint and Glenn mentioned their first encounter was a feisty one. So it's just a part of who he is. That fire in him and confidence will fit in well with our swagger imo.
I didnt know that whats the source??? And if he is being defiant to coaching or organized rules its not a matter if just when it will be a problem.

I’m not sure any of that would fly in our locker room. You have veteran leaders that will keep the young man straight. As far as attitude goes I like that on the D side of the ball and especially at CB.

This doesn't seem too far fetched. During rookie minicamp, his very first introduction to the team and coaches, he butted heads with his position coach.

You would think he would be on his best behavior the first few days. The real pressure of training camp hasn't even started yet. And we already have our first ping on sonor. Usually a coach would not bring this up to the media, about a rookie. But he did.

I like the pick and glad to have CJ on the team. But I could see this being a valid reason he dropped in the draft . Not concerned at the moment .

I dont think it was his onfield play. I'm willing to bet it was all on the interviews. I mean, you can totally see from wathcing CG-J that the guy is major trash talker. He's really vocal and seems to always be hyped up about his skills and what he brings to the game. I personally LOVE IT, and AG pretty much said the same thing. But i'm pretty sure that that level of confidence can rub some people the wrong way. But, if ever there was a position to be insanely confident, borderline full of yourself cocky, it's at DB. I personally think everything about CG-J, from his game, to his attitude, fits the team well. I foresee his heavy hitting in your face brazen ballhawking wild talking style as the missing piece on D. CG-J has all the makings of real life tone setter. For whatever the reasons were, I'm glad he fell to us. Cause now CG-J's been humbled and seems like he's hungry to make the rest of league pay for passing on him.

Nice article.

Eating CGM’s dust on a few plays (double moves, fades, rubs, back shoulder, etc.) should be the remedy necessary to get CJG to shut his pie hole, and listen to Coach Aaron Glenn. :ezbill:

:gosaints:

Remember how Corey White looked forward to intercepting a Brees pass in practice? Let's hope CGJ turns out better. :hihi:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom