Saints Why Chauncey Gardner-Johnson fell... (1 Viewer)

Watch him win Defensive Rookie of the Year.

31 teams were just overthinking.

I’ll take 6 INT 15 PD 3 sacks 35 tackles and 2 FF.

I don't foresee it being an issue at all. Nothing but positives coming out about him.

That said, if SP feels he's starting to get a little too confident, he can just match him up again Mike Thomas all practice, and that will humble his you-know-what real quick ;)

IMO, he’s already had one humbling experience so far.

From everything I saw n read, Chauncey was considered a top 5 talent at S. By most accounts, he was considered a late first day or early second day pick.Athletic, confident, versatile, capable of playing multiple DB positions! I gotta believe he felt the same way. So imagine what was going on in his head when his name wasn’t called after the first 3 rds in the draft!

Awhile back, somebody had a post including a video ( tried to find it but couldn’t) with Chauncey n his family at home anxiously awaiting his selection. Once he got the call from the Saints, obviously, he was both relieved and emotional. But underneath, I think there was also some hurt, disappointment n frustration with not being selected earlier. In fact, there were some 18 or so DBs taken ahead of him.

So while being drafted so late was hurtful n humbling, Chauncey has moved on. Don’t matter how you got here, all dat matters is you’re here now! Only now, he’s coming in with an even bigger chip on his shoulder to prove his doubters ( esp the other 31 teams) wrong!

And he’s bringing a lil of his swag with him!

What Glenn actually said:

Something CJG told Glen back in the day:

Why the hyphen:

Misunderstandings and false narratives can end now.
Good post. Thanks for compiling that. Very helpful. (y)

I didn't follow the draft this year, just interested in the Saints choices.

Where did the pundits/experts expect him to go? Was his drop unexpected?

I didn't follow the draft this year, just interested in the Saints choices.

Where did the pundits/experts expect him to go? Was his drop unexpected?

Prior to the draft, CGJ was being mocked anywhere from the late 1st round to the early 3rd round. There was talk about him being among the top 3 Safeties available in the draft.

It was very surprising that he was still there at the beginning of round 4, and it has to be considered a surprisingly big fall.

Prior to the draft, CGJ was being mocked anywhere from the late 1st round to the early 3rd round. There was talk about him being among the top 3 Safeties available in the draft.

It was very surprising that he was still there at the beginning of round 4, and it has to be considered a surprisingly big fall.
Thanks!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom