Why Coach Payton deserves to be COTY (1 Viewer)

Redjem

Editor, Writer, Podcast Host and SR Twitter Ninja
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score

"So, for those keeping score, Sean wrote a game plan for the Saints this season that included starting 58 different players. Losing 3 key players on the offensive line, that missed a total of 25 games combined. As well as starting 4 different quarterbacks and going through 4 different kickers."

Had we made the playoffs, I think you'd hear his name mentioned a lot more.

But Tomlin did make the playoffs with half of a quarterback. The Raiders head coach unbelievably kept it together and got them in.

Vrabel with all those injuries on offense and ended up the #1 seed will get him the award ultimately.

Had we made the playoffs, I think you'd hear his name mentioned a lot more.

But Tomlin did make the playoffs with half of a quarterback. The Raiders head coach unbelievably kept it together and got them in.

Vrabel with all those injuries on offense and ended up the #1 seed will get him the award ultimately.
Valid points

He's not with the "in crowd".

Had he not gotten drunk after SB44, roger would let him win the award. But roger is petty, so……….

He certainly deserves it, persevering after the year we had, but I doubt he even gets any votes.

The NFL awards are a popularity contest.

He did an amazing job this year, but it is hard to consider a team who didn't make the playoffs for any of these awards.

If the Saints had made the playoffs, I think you’d hear his name thrown out more for Coach of The Year.
This season will not get the appreciation it deserves until five years from now when the Saints are a contender and everyone will realize how he was able to bridge the Brees Era to the Post Brees Era.

Its going to be Matt LeFluer because everyone has a hard-on for the packers.

CSP will not even be in the discussion, they just don't give COTY awards to coaches that don't make the playoffs. Also noteworthy snubs will include Matt Vrabel. What he did in Tennessee with Henry's injury and Tannehill under center is extraordinary. I think Zac Taylor should get more love than he does too. He has really turned that organization around.

But you can bet the house on the NFL loving them some packers. Aaron Rodgers MVP and LaFluer Coach of the year is guaranteed with GB having the 1 seed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom