Why did Favre ever leave the Falclowns? (1 Viewer)

d3vanj

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
was he traded? not resigned? what happened? thank god he didn't stay with them though

Favre was kind of a clown his first year in the league. He admits that he was a party animal, and ATL got a little tired of his act. It helped that they had Chris Chandler, who was a very good QB at the time, but it ended up being obviously a colossal mistake.

Glanville was too stupid and short-sighted to see Favre's talent. He was quoted as saying that "Favre was a three-year project, and I was on a two-year contract."

So they traded him.

yeah, but didn't green bay give up a high first round pick for him?

Yes, they gave up a first rounder. At the time I'm sure many teams would have made that deal. Hindsight is 20/20.

Glanville was such an idiot. A world class Elvis worshipping hick himself he referred to Favre as "Country". He would make statements like "Send Country in to throw it". Thankfully he was incredibly shortsighted and traded Farve. How would the Falcons fortunes have changed with Favre at QB for the next 17 years?

Glanville was such an idiot. A world class Elvis worshipping hick himself he referred to Favre as "Country". He would make statements like "Send Country in to throw it". Thankfully he was incredibly shortsighted and traded Farve. How would the Falcons fortunes have changed with Favre at QB for the next 17 years?

I know our fortunes would've been even worse.

I would have given up 5 first round picks for Favre, if I would have had fortune-telling abilities.

By the way, Glanville referred to Favre as "Mississippi"

We call this guy stoopid but hind sight is 20/20 and i'm glad he did it.

Glanville is many things but stupid he is not. He created the Gritz Blitz, pretty much the 46 defense before it had its name in the late 70's and early 80's which made the Falcons pretty good under Leeman Bennett. the guy is a defensive genius he just got screwed in Houston with Bud Adams and burned out in Atlanta. He is a hard guy to work with but in Favre's case he could not work with him. I guess if he could read the future, yeah he would have kept him but Favre was not the QB he was in Green Bay that we was in Atlanta. Did not have the maturity to be a good QB, he needed a good mentor in Holmgrem to mold him.

I would have given up 5 first round picks for Favre, if I would have had fortune-telling abilities.

By the way, Glanville referred to Favre as "Mississippi"

i was about to say that. glanville always referred to him as mississippi, not country

He drafted Favre's former teammate with the pick, some RB that washed out of the league.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom