Why Did Sean Take The Play Calling Back? (1 Viewer)

harrty

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
We were leading in almost all categories until he took the play calling back.

:idunno:

No one was complaining when he took it back and we beat the crap out of the Rams who've had our number defensively over the years.

I agree that the past two weeks have been disappointing but there's plenty blame to go around. Play calling is part of it, but execution counts as well.

Even when Carmichael is calling the game, he's calling the game plan that he and Payton agreed on during the week. Same daily operations and meetings taking place no matter which one of them is actually calling the plays.

The offense needs to be better and that starts with Brees. You can't win when you have, over two consecutive games, a combined 0/6 TD/INT ratio. Doesn't matter who's calling the plays when that's the result.

Idk what the reason is but he hasn't been pump faking or moving safeties with his eyes the past two weeks. Staring down receivers and not rolling out of the pocket when it's breaking down are drive and game killers.

Hopefully things got addressed this week in practice.

I have no idea why. I am still a big SP fan, even though I am seeing his human faults more and more lately. You got the #1 offense. No team has completely shut down the offense including the likes of Denver and Seattle. Then you basically fire that person from that job. That seems nutzo. And what does SP have to show for his 2 games under his control? 2 Goose Eggs. 2 of the the worst offensive performances back to back in the Brees era.

The dude's ego and his proclivity for being "cute" with this offense have worn my patience paper thin

Ego and stubbornness
This.

The fact that he didn't turn it back after satisfying his grudge was a problem.

At this point in his career why would Charmichael feel good about that? Tone deaf on the part of a Payton as far as managing and motivating staff.

If I was Charmichael I'm looking for a fresh start somewhere out of the wizards shadow and his arbitrary revocation of my duties.

Team: "oh no! we're losing! We're about to have yet another losing season!"
SP: "Step aside Pete! I'll save the team!"
3 games later....

Its annoying how everyone pretends to know something about the inner workings of the organization. There can be any number of things which would cause SP to take the calling of plays back. The truth is none of us here know why he took the play calling back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do we still hate the play calling? We almost hung 50 on what's supposedly the league's #1 defense.

Just wondering if Payton's still an egomaniacal moron who doesn't deserve to hold the play sheet.

Do we still hate the play calling? We almost hung 50 on what's supposedly the league's #1 defense.

Just wondering if Payton's still an egomaniacal moron who doesn't deserve to hold the play sheet.

We were a better team the other way... Carmichael is a better play caller than Sean period...

We were a better team the other way... Carmichael is a better play caller than Sean period...

What other way? What does Carmichael do that is so much better than Payton? You seem to have inside information from game planning that none of us have.

We literally dominated time of possession 37 minutes to 23. How is that not effective play calling?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom